14 October 2011

Title: Want to go private?
Author: Sarah Darer Littman
Publisher: Scholastic, 336 Pages (August 1st 2011)
From: the Publisher & Amazon Vine

Synopsis: Abby and Luke chat online. They've never met. But they are going to. Soon.


Abby is starting high school—it should be exciting, so why doesn't she care? Everyone tells her to "make an effort," but why can't she just be herself? Abby quickly feels like she's losing a grip on her once-happy life. The only thing she cares about anymore is talking to Luke, a guy she met online, who understands. It feels dangerous and yet good to chat with Luke—he is her secret, and she's his. Then Luke asks her to meet him, and she does. But Luke isn't who he says he is. When Abby goes missing, everyone is left to put together the pieces. If they don't, they'll never see Abby again.

Review: 5 Stars - Want to go private? By: Sarah Darer Littman is more than just a shocking story. It’s realistic, emotional and very well written.

Abby’s a young teen that’s just started High School. She’s scared of all the changes going on around her and worries about all the normal teen things when facing the jump from middle school to high school. Her best friend since second grade is there for her, but in Abby’s eyes, her best friend is pulling away, making her own mark with new friends and the drama club. Abby’s home life is somewhat strained, with her dad always gone working late as he continues to keep his business going and a younger sister who knows just how to push her buttons.

So when Luke finds Abby online and they start chatting, she thinks she’s found someone who finally gets her, who finally understands all she’s going through. But Luke isn’t a good guy and Abby doesn’t see it. Luke isn’t who he claims to be, but Abby doesn’t question it. And when their online relationship changes Abby’s instincts are pushed aside and she quickly goes along with it to make Luke happy, because Luke loves her. Luke gets her, Luke understands and, no, he wouldn’t do anything to hurt her or anything that’s wrong or bad.

The story quickly broke my heart. And Abby’s choices made turning the pages even harder. Littman has taken such a serious problem as Internet predators and written a shocking tale that could be anyone, even the girl next door. This is such a seriously dangerous thing that sadly kids and parents have to worry about and I commend Littman for writing something that I can only imagine was hard to write, yet harder to research.

All in all, Want to go Private? was very hard to read at times, I didn’t want to keep turning those pages because my heart was breaking and my stomach was twisted in on itself. But sometimes you have to push through and I was glad that I did with this one. It’s a book that has without a doubt left its mark on me and one I won’t be forgetting about anytime soon. Would I recommend this book? Yes, I highly recommend this one. Characters that’ll pull hard on your heart strings, and others you’ll want to… do not so many nice things to and writing that is so realistic that you’ll picture every little thing vividly while reading… if these are things you look forward to, than this is surely the title for you.

Note: Parts of this book are somewhat graphic and I would only recommend this title to older teens and adults. Some of the story I wasn’t quite prepared for and I think Abby’s story has a stronger affect on me because of this.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, I haven't heard of this one before but I'll have to check it out more! Great review!

    Amanda
    hippiesbeautyandbooksohmy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. another that I haven't heard about but so so so glad for this post...this is NOW on the TBR pile.
    veltara(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really emotional. I think if I get a chance to read it I will. Thanks for the review and the warning that it might be a little more vivid than most books.

    spyblue78(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really emotional. I think if I get a chance to read it I will. Thanks for the review and the warning that it might be a little more vivid than most books.

    spyblue78(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary DeBorde
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail dot com

    Very good review - I think the book brings up timely issues that need to be addressed between parents and teens.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love