07 February 2012

Review: Devotion (Soul Savers, #3) By: Kristie Cook

Title: Devotion (Soul Savers, #3)
Author: Kristie Cook
Publisher: Ang'dora Productions, 374 Pages (February 10th, 2012)
From: the author, Thank You!
Format: eARC
Note: This is an adult title & series

Synopsis: With powerful abilities gained from the Ang’dora and Tristan back by her side, Alexis thinks she’s ready for the next challenge—protecting her son from what appears to be the inevitable. But she has so much to learn about her powers, her new world and the people in it. Nothing is what it seems to be on the surface, including the Amadis. Having believed the secret society to be definitively good and righteous, she discovers she couldn’t have been more wrong.

Power-hungry politicians comprise the council and make impossible demands. A traitor lurks among them all, inciting trouble that could destroy the Amadis and, ultimately, humanity. The Daemoni wreak havoc in the human world, with the ultimatum that they’ll continue attacking innocents until Alexis and Tristan are expelled from the Amadis’ protection. The couple’s own society begins to shut them out. But that’s not all.

There’s a secret. A big one. And faith and hope in Alexis and Tristan will be restored if she can uncover the truth in time.

But the search for answers leads only to the discovery of more betrayals by those closest to Alexis. Her devotion is put to the test—devotion to her husband, to her family, to her people and to her beliefs—leaving her to question whom she’s fighting for and why she should even bother. But if she won’t fight … who will?


Review: 5 Stars - Finding a series that you love from the beginning and having that love grow with each book is sometimes hard. Yet, there’s no doubting the love that I have for the Soul Savers series by Kristie Cook. Each book has kept me utterly captivated - with characters that are unforgettable and writing that sings to me.

I fell in love with the characters, story and writing in the first book and have been eager to get my hands on Devotion for months. Needless to say, Kristie didn’t let me down! Alexis came into her own in Promise, continued to grow in Purpose, and wow, does she kick some serious butt in Devotion! She’s an amazingly strong female lead that has been through so much and yet continues to have a huge heart. The third book in the series – Devotion - picks up right where we left Alexis, Tristan, Owen and many other characters that we’ve met in the past and some new ones we get the pleasure or maybe not the pleasure of meeting for the first time. Alexis and Tristan have a lot at stake in the third book. It makes you question if they’ll ever get a break. The issues they are fighting for and against are both new and old. And some of the new problems they have ahead of them are doozies!

The relationship between Alexis and Tristan is incredible on so many different levels. Being able to follow along as they find their footing, through many ups and downs, the two work so well together, it’s hard not to love this thrilling, amazing and exciting couple. They’re just the perfect pair, each the missing half to the other and you feel it. You see it happening before your eyes! I’m telling you people, Kristie is just THAT GOOD!

Tristan and Owen are utterly swoonable, without a doubt major pluses to this series, parts of the books that I look forward to the most are these two. While Tristan has Alexis, I find it somewhat sad that Owen hasn’t found the “one” for him. While discussing this with Kristie and Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic we (Jessica and I) suggested that maybe she (Kristie) writes the two of US into the book to help take care of Owen and show him he’s loved. See, this is where I’m totally giggling while I write this review because, well Kristie listened to us. We, Jessica and I are characters in the book!! Yes, we sure are! When you read this title and I have no idea what’s stopping you – you’ll get a chance to meet Lisa and Jessica and that is us! Talk about thrilling and seeing this book a bit of a different light than the first two, wow! I seriously can’t say thank you enough to Kristie for having us become part of one of my all time favorite series!

When you read these books, its Kristie’s incredibly writing that allows the reader to be easily whisked away to a far off place. And isn’t that what a good book should do? Another thing that I love about this series is how fluid the story & plot are from one book to another. You just know how much work the author has done and how much love they have for their characters when it’s apparent in any book or series and, such as in this one.

All in all, I know that the simple words I’ve typed here will never do Devotion or Kristie justice. I love everything about it/her/them! It’s a series I think about a lot and talk about often. I highly recommend each of these books to anyone who loves strong characters, wonderful writing that tells a story of choices, love, good, evil, sacrifice, passion and so much more. Seriously, you don’t know what you’re missing!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading and for the awesome review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first book on my Nook and now I'm really excited about getting to read it very soon.

    Thanks for the great review I'm really glad that you loved this series. It is hard for books to get better and better as the series goes along.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love