24 September 2011


Title: Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star
Author: Heather Lynn Rigaud
Publisher: Sourcebooks, 432 Pages, September 1st, 2011
From: the Publisher, Thank You!

Synopsis: Darcy's as hot as he is talented...Fast music, powerful beats, and wild reputations-on and off stage-have made virtuoso guitarist Fitzwilliam Darcy's band into rock's newest bad boys. But they've lost their latest opening act, and their red-hot summer tour is on the fast track to disaster. Now Darcy and bandmates Charles Bingley and Richard Fitzwilliam are about to meet their match... But she's about to rock his world...Enter Elizabeth Bennet, fiercely independent star of girl-band Long Borne Suffering. Elizabeth, her sister Jane, and friend Charlotte Lucas have talent to spare and jump at the opening band slot. Elizabeth is sure she's seen the worst the music industry has to offer. But as the days and nights heat up, it becomes clear that everyone is in for a summer to remember.

Review: 3.5 Stars - Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud is a retelling of Austen’s Pride & Prejudice with a twist. Retellings have been around for awhile of this classic and adding the rock star twist was a fun and entertaining read.

The story was fun, characters engaging and held hints of the original characters. While I did enjoy the story, I felt it was somewhat on the long side, which took away from it a bit for me.

I’m a music junkie, have been since I can remember and I’ll be honest that was the main draw in reading this title. To get a chance to read such a classic wrapped in modern times, swaddled in music was just the hook I needed in reading and reviewing this one.

I liked the added touches such as the lyric’s mixed in. Those gave the characters a bit more depth and added another layer to the situations they were facing at the time. I also liked how it felt as if each of the characters had a chance to tell more of their story, giving each of the characters bigger voices in this adaption. I felt this was perfect for Rigaud’s version.

All in all, I did enjoy reading this version and the music side of this telling was what had me hook line and enjoy in this. Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star is a fresh take on Austen’s famed and beloved characters, set in the wild world of the music industry bringing a highly entertaining aspect to this modern retelling. If you love the two, this mash up is for you. Enjoy.


FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. I really have been wanting to read this, it looks like one of those hidden gems to me and your review is encouraging me to get it!!

    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds intriguing. I think I would like this.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love