18 October 2011

We’re holding the party TONIGHT, October 18th at 9:00 PM EST - 6:00 PM PST.

It’s a Twitter Party! If you plan on coming to the party (PLEASE DO!) here are a few tips for how to join and follow it all. 

You may be asking yourself...

Why come to this shindig anyway? 
Well, because Halloween ROCKS, and because we are giving away tons of prizes! We have 10 swag packs. Each swag pack contains swag (obviously) and 2 books. We will announce the title of one book during each trivia question but the other book you win will remain a mystery. Also, we have 3 BONUS rounds to win other prizes. 

How do I win these packs of awesomeness?
It's easy! As many of you have noticed, Jessica and I have been hosting authors all month and those authors have been sharing stories. If you have read those stories, you are one step ahead of the rest! Jessica and I will have 10 trivia questions pertaining to particular stories that have been posted on our blogs (5 for Jessica, 5 for me). All you have to do is go to the link, find the answer, and TWEET! But, be sure to include the hashtag #HauntedHalloween or we won't see it and it won't count. 

How do you know who wins? Everyone will be tweeting answers like mad!! 
This is true. Jessica and I used Random.org to pick 13 numbers last night (13, perfect number, right?). Those numbers were listed next to each question. They go from 1-40. We will count the correct answers as they show up in our feeds. Once we hit the number generated by Random.org for that question, we have our winner!

Will you tell us who won? Because, obviously, I plan to WIN!
Yes, we will. We are alternating questions so after we get the winner, we will then announce it while the other person gets ready to ask their question. 

What do I do once I win? 
If you win, please email one of us at alifeboundbybooks @ hotmail . com or totalbookaholic @ hotmail . com with your mailing address AND twitter name! We will have your twitter name written down; however, if you'd like to tell us which trivia question, or bonus question, you won for, that will help. 

But I live in (insert country name here), am I eligible to win? 
We always try hard to include international giveaways during any event. Unfortunately, the swag packs and 2 bonus prizes will not be international. The swag packs, and 1 bonus prize will be for US/Canada only. The other bonus prize will be US only. The final giveaway WILL be international. Make sure to stick around and see what it is. 

What if I just want to hang out? Is there something to do? 
Of course! We are inviting each and every author from the Halloween event to stop by and join us. You can chat with them, ask them questions, share spooky stories, anything! We will be asking questions every 10 minutes so you'll have plenty of time to chat in-between questions. 

Okay okay, I'm in. So, how do I join you all? 
It's easy! And here is a step-by-step tutorial if you'd like to use TweetGrid. 
We will be using the hashtag #HauntedHalloween. 

You should see this screen

 (click images to enlarge)

Under PARTY HASHTAG, put in #HauntedHalloween

Under PARTY HOST(S), put in @TotalBookaholic, @BoundbyBooks
Separate each name with a comma!

Under YOUR USERNAME, put in, well, your username! 



It should looks like this, only with YOUR twitter name on the bottom section.

Click on, JOIN THE PARTY! and you are almost ready to go.


You should see something like this. The first section will include ALL tweets with the hashtag #HauntedHalloween. 

The second section will include ALL tweets sent by Jessica or I. This helps because it makes sure you can see the questions and they don't go flying down the feed. 

The third section will have your name so you will be able to see all tweets sent by you, or directly to you. 
You're not done yet!


Before it will let you tweet by using the TweetGrid, click on LOGIN (located directly under the tweet section at the top). 

(click to enlarge)

Once you give TweetGrid access to your twitter account, you should be ready to go! 
 It should automatically add #HauntedHalloween at the end of each tweet so you won't have to type it in over and over. 

Things to remember!

Tweet using the hashtag #HauntedHalloween

You can find Jessica on twitter: @Totalbookaholic

You can find Me on twitter: @BoundByBooks

If you have any questions, feel free to email or leave a comment.

Have FUN!

We hope to see you there! Good luck to everyone!

Sneak peak at the swag you could win! 
Each winner will get a pack containing some of this swag. 



Thanks to author Emma Michaels for posting this a while back about TweetGrid!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

8 comments:

  1. That's a lotta swag!!

    jessica(DOT)agreatread(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary DeBorde
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail dot com

    Aw, this party is going to be so much fun ... I wish I had Twitter so I could participate :{

    Well, good luck & much awesome fun to all :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun y'all!

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a date!

    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting such a great Twitter party last night. I really had fun and loved all the questions. Hoping next year is even bigger!
    veltara(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So ready and excited for this!!

    Amanda
    hippiesbeautyandbooksohmy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very first Twitter Party. Thanks so much it was really fun.

    spyblue78(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love