15 December 2011

Review: Night Reigns By: Dianne Duvall

Title: Night Reigns (Immortal Guardians, #2)
Author: Dianne Duvall
Publisher: Zebra, 320 Pages (December 6th, 2011)
From: the Author, Thank You!

Synopsis: Ami isn't much for trusting strangers. She has a hard time trusting anyone. But she's no coward, and she's no pushover in the protection department either. So when she comes across a mysterious warrior taking on eight deranged vampires on his own, she doesn't hesitate to save his bacon. Of course, that was before she realized what one little rescue would get her into . . .

Marcus Grayden has been an immortal protector of humanity for eight hundred years, and at the moment he's not interested in backup. From the moment Ami arrives in his life, he can't deny that she's strong, smart, and extremely skilled at watching his back. But she's also destroying his protective solitude and stirring desires he can't bear to awaken. After all, whatever her secrets — how can she defeat death itself?


Review: 4 Stars - Night Reigns, the second book in the Immortal Guardians series by Dianne Duvall is another action packed story that picks up soon after the end of the first book in the series, Darkness Dawns. With fascinating characters we met in the first book, Night Reigns is the continuing story in the Guardians fight to save humans from Vampires.

Ami and Marcus are the focus this time. The book follows them as Ami is assigned to be Marcus’s second – each Guardian is assigned a human who aids them in the world. One reason that they need a second is that over many hundreds of years there have been gifted ones. An example would be someone who can glimpse the future. Those gifted ones can be turned into a Guardian, which is something kind of like a Vampire. They have fangs, drink blood and have to avoid sunlight. They eat food, but have to be careful because it affects them differently. The Vampires in this series are very different from vampires in other books. There is a vast difference between Guardians and Vampires, so don’t worry.

Back to Ami and Marcus. So, she’s assigned to be his second, which doesn't go over very well. However Ami’s not your normal woman, which comes out to be somewhat shocking when it’s revealed just who she is. Ami’s character was a nice addition to the series. She added a whole new layer to Marcus and the other Guardians and completely put a new spin on the overall story.

Marcus is hardheaded, which seems to be how many of the male Guardians are. I guess I would be somewhat stubborn and set in my ways too if I had lived over 800 years. The relationship between Marcus and Ami is rocky at best.  Yet the changes we see in the two as they figure out who each other is, overcoming painful pasts and growing together in the story make them a strong couple.

All in all, Duvall has yet again managed to pull me far from reality as I quickly found myself lost within the pages of another dangerously addictive, action packed ride. I can’t wait for what comes next, enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. This is a new one for my I love the cover though which is what made me click on this in my reader =) I didn't know it was part of a sequel I'll have to take a look at book one it sounds like my type of read!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! And the guy on the cover is a hunk! Well...his body is! LoL

    bookluvrmindy
    Magical Urban Fantasy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a good review and breakdown of the characters. I have this on my wish list because it sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love