21 September 2011

Review: Sophie & Carter By: Chelsea Fine

Title: Sophie & Carter
Author: Chelsea Fine
Publisher: Acacia Publishing, Inc., 112 Pages (June 20th 2011)
From: the Author & Publisher, Thank You!

Synopsis: While other high school seniors are dreaming about their futures, Sophie and Carter are just trying to make it through each day. Carter is overwhelmed by issues at home as he struggles to support his mother. Meanwhile, next door neighbor Sophie is left to care for her three younger siblings in place of their absent and troubled mother. All that holds these two best friends together is each other, and knowing that each night they'll sit together on Sophie's front porch swing and escape from reality, if just for awhile. But as their relationship reaches a turning point and high school graduation nears, will their friendship become something more?

Review: 4 Stars - Sophie & Carter By Chelsea Fine is a big story in a small package. Don’t let the length of the book fool you. There’s much to be felt in this story of two teens at the end of their senior year of High School as they try to survive the troubling home lives they’ve been dealt.

Sophie and Carter have grown up with their fair share of problems. Living next door to each other they have seen and experienced firsthand the issues each has gone through. No one knows what the two face day in and day out within the walls of their homes… except each other. The two have found ways to survive and be there for each other when no one else was able to. Written in alternating points of view was just an added bonus in their story.

As I’ve mentioned in previous reviews for various books recently, I love a story told in alternating or multi points of view, just as this one is. It gives the readers such a well rounded view of what the main characters are going through – especially when it’s female and male leads.

Both are strong, yet vulnerable in their struggles to get through day by day. They care for each other more than they really know and every night when they have made it through another day they come together and find some peace in their otherwise overwhelming and very adult lives.

Reading this book from cover to cover in one sitting is easy to do, however when you reach the end of the story you don’t want it to end. You just know that there is more to what they have to say and thankfully I found out via the authors website that she is working on a sequel to their story, which should hopefully be ready for release sometime in spring 2012. I can’t tell you how excited this makes me and yeah, you should be just as thrilled as I am.

All in all Sophie and Carter’s story will find its way straight to your heart. How Fine was able to fit so much into such a quick read is pretty amazing. Their story truly does pack a punch and at the end you’ll be right there with me and everyone else as we eagerly await the continuation of their story as they embark on their adventure and what comes next in their lives after High School.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love