09 October 2011

Lie or Die Flash Fiction: The Winning Idea!

The judges have met, deliberated, and after much debate, decided. It wasn't easy. There were some really amazing ideas. And we would have loved to see all of them written by all five authors. But that wouldn't be very fair. Not really, anyway.

So, after a few punches, kicks, screams and much pulling of hair, we quietly sat down and for the most part agreed - and ended in Majority Rules - that the winner should be....

Aeicha Matteson

Congratulations Aeicha Matteson! Your idea was absolutely awesome. One that we think will result in some very different story ideas by the authors, one that can pose a bit of a challenge for them, and ultimately one we could all agree upon!

So, here's the idea that is being revealed live, at this very moment, to the authors. They've had no previous knowledge or peek at the winning idea, so they're all getting it at the same time. No unfair advantage here. For the authors who don't stalk our blogs early, well, they get that much less time to toy with this.


THE IDEA

Here are the characters:

Ryder - female, human, teenager, short in height, long brown hair w/blue streaks, bright green eyes, smart, sassy, tough.

 Ax - (short for Aximander), male, demon (but was once human before being sent to hell), as a demon he has no permanent form, thus he possesses humans. He's cunning, vindictive, but incredibly charismatic.

Here is the conflict:

Ryder - is a supernatural hunter (she hunts demons, monsters, evil baddies), but she has been possessed by the demon Ax, who has essentially bound himself to her. Meaning no simple exorcism will release him. Ryder must find a way to break free of Ax while fighting for control of her own mind, body, and actions. 

These are their abilities:

Ryder - as a hunter she is skilled in weapons, fighting, and supernatural knowledge/lore but does not have "supernatural or magical" abilities of her own.

Ax - can shift/shimmer (teleport anywhere, including hell) and has enhanced/heightened abilities (strength, speed, hearing)...when possessing someone these abilities are transferred into them while Ax resides within them.

Awesome, right? We are all super excited to see what these five incredibly talented authors come up with!

The authors will have until October 18th to write their 800 word flash fiction story. And on October 19th, all five stories will be revealed on all five of the participating blogs.

You will have a chance to vote for your favorite idea and enter to win the grand prize.


For more details in the meantime, be sure to check out the
Lie Or Die contest page >>> HERE<<<

Stay tuned! We'll be back on the 19th for your chance to vote.

 I really can't wait to see what all the authors come up with using this killer idea. However, I'm hosting Kathleen's story here, so I'm pretty much her head cheerleader in all things Lie or Die, so Kathleen, Ninja of words and stories - work your magic and bend those words!!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

5 comments:

  1. Very nice idea, sounds like something I would want to read. I can't wait to see what everyone come up with.

    spyblue78(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Aeicha!! :)

    Amanda
    hippiesbeautyandbooksohmy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat idea!

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something I would definitively read! Thanks for the post
    veltara(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary DeBorde
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail dot com

    Flash fiction ideas are a lot of fun! Congrats and I'm eager to read the final results :D

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love