10 April 2014

Review - Seduced By Fire By: Tara Sue Me

Title: Seduced By Fire (Partners in Play #1)
Author: Tara Sue Me
Publisher: Headline Eternal, 307 pages, (March 4th 2014)
From: Publisher
Format: Paperback
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is an Adult novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: Julie Masterson craves a taste of danger, but she's never given in to her curiosity about putting her body in someone else's power - until a chance meeting with Daniel Covington, the irresistible Senior VP of Weston Bank, draws her into a seductive new world of sexual experience.

Daniel is highly respected within his community, but he hasn't had an exclusive relationship for more than two years. Yet Julie's eager innocence is making him rethink his feelings about commitment.

As their sizzling connection heats up, Daniel is ready to take Julie fully under his command. And Julie will have to decide if she trusts him enough to surrender completely - if she should escape before she gets burned... 

Review: 3.5 stars - Adult content title. Review contains spoilers.

I received Seduced by Fire through the post from the UK publisher. I will say honestly that when I saw the cover I nearly didn’t read it. I hadn’t to that point read any BDSM books, and hadn’t really wanted to, thinking that they would all be crude. I was pleasantly surprised when I did read it. It was well written and there was more to it than just sex.

Julie Masterson runs her own floristry shop with her friend Sasha. She lives a pretty normal life, until the day when dishy Daniel Covington visits her store to buy some flowers. They feel an immediate attraction that neither of them can seem to ignore. After being invited by Daniel to a charity event organised by Weston Bank where he works, Julie gets to know Daniel better, finding out he is more than just a pretty face but has hidden talents.

Julie has always wondered about BDSM and attends a meeting with her business partner, to quench her curiosity. That’s when she discovers who Daniel really is. He’s a Dominant (Dom) at the local BDSM group.

Julie decides that a relationship with Daniel is possible. This leads her into discovering her submissive (sub) side in the bedroom, and also rethinking how she perceives their relationship. She needs him, he is all she thinks about, and her body yearns for him.

After Julie’s friend is injured in a BDSM scene gone wrong, she starts to wonder if all of the time she’s spending with Daniel is actually worth the risk. Daniel himself is a restrained and respected member of the BDSM community. He makes sure rules are followed; that Doms and Subs have a limit list to which they both agree on, safe words. Can they make a success of their relationship?

I have to thank Tara Sue Me, for writing about the instruction, training and rules of BDSM. I feel that the reason I haven’t read any books in this genre before is because I have feared that it would just be non- stop sex. While although obviously it is a huge part of the book Tara Sue Me also covers the psychological side of the lifestyle as well- Julie’s uncertainty about Daniel and Sasha’s feelings after her injury. She’s showed the positive and negative things with the lifestyle.

One thing I did think while I was reading; was that Julie seemed very open to BDSM; yes she’s wondered about it and her friend follows the lifestyle but I think personally I would be a bit conflicted as to what to do. Should she continue the relationship with Daniel or not?

Another thing that struck me was that for all the BDSM group members try to keep their involvement within the group secret, so as not to breach confidentiality, apart from people at Daniel’s charity event and his Grandma, everyone in the book is involved with BDSM. Not that it’s in any way detrimental to the story.
A quick read and a good introduction for me to the genre. I will be interested to read more in this series in the future.

Proof that you should never judge a book by its cover.


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love