15 April 2014

Title: Anomaly (Causal Enchantment #4)
Author: K.A. Tucker
Publisher: 243 Pages (March 6th, 2014)
From: the Author
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

SPOILERS AHEAD if you haven't read the series!!

Synopsis: She was merely a pawn in their game.

And then something happened.

Once the fragile, naïve human, Evangeline has become altogether … different.

A being who holds formidable power, she may be the key to changing the course of fate.

Or she could be the final nail in the world’s coffin.

But Evangeline doesn’t know exactly what she is, what she can do. She knows only that she has to stop an enemy far worse than the Sentinel and the sorceresses—one driven by revenge.

And he’s hunting the man she loves.

As Evangeline fights to keep Caden alive and the human population from eradication, she can’t help but sense the imminent doom.

Find out if fate will prevail in the harrowing conclusion to the Causal Enchantment series.

Review: 3 Stars - Anomaly is the forth and the final book in the Casual Enchantment series from author K.A. Tucker. In this title we are awarded answers to questions and Tucker has wrapped up her Paranormal series in a nice bow.

This series has been extremely different than anything I've ever read before and continued to be right through to the end. I never knew what was going to happen next and while I did enjoy each book there's just a few things that are so far out there that I wasn't sure what the heck I was reading.

There's vampires, weres, witches, magic, lies and a twist on fate that you'll not see until right at the very end of the last book.

And maybe that's part of why parts of each book were somewhat hard to read? There's just so much going on that it was often confusing. However there's plenty to make up for the confusing parts that gave me enough lure to read on through. By the end of each book I was usually less confused and more ready for the next installment.

The characters are very interesting and some striking such as Evangeline and Caden who the series mainly centers around. Evie goes through change after change due to things from her past being exposed and because of those around her that have used her for their own selfish purposes. Caden couldn't have come to her at a better time and while those two have their own set of troubles during the beginning of their relationship, and again right through to the end, they never gave up.

The romance between these two characters were one of the bigger draws for me. You just can't get past Caden and part of it is where he's from. I'm sure readers of this review will be wondering what do you mean, “where” he's from? Well that's something you need to read and find out for yourself because that in and of itself was one of the things that hooked me while reading the first book.

Since this is the last book in the series I'm not going to say much more for fear of giving any spoilers and I don't want to do that to anyone.

In the end I enjoyed this series including this last book and the characters enough to want to make it to the end and see where their story concludes. It again wasn't what I had expected yet I was happy where Tucker leaves readers and her characters. I recommend this title to fans of YA who like something different, because it's night and day to anything else out there, who have a love of vampires, weres and witches and more. This one fits the bill! Go check out the first book, you won't be sorry! Enjoy!


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love