25 April 2014

Review - Only Everything By: Kieran Scott

Title: Only Everything (True Love #1)
Author: Kieran Scott
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, 336 Pages (May 6th, 2014)
From: the Author & Publisher
Format: ARC
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

Synopsis: High school romance is tough—even for a bona fide love goddess. Can Cupid succeed as a mortal matchmaker?

When Eros (aka Cupid) is expelled from Olympus for defying Zeus after falling in love with Orion, she is banished to what she believes to be hell. We call it New Jersey. If she ever wants to go back to the comforts of her old life, she will have to find love for three couples—without using her powers.

Eros, now calling herself True, immediately identifies her first project in Charlie and believes finding him love will be a piece of cake. Charlie is new at school and eager to break out of his old image of band geek, so it’s lucky for him when he falls in with the right crowd on his first day. But music is still his passion. That is, until he meets Katrina...

Katrina is floundering after the death of her father and takes refuge with a boy who, while not entirely supportive, will be there when she needs him, unlike her mother. Too bad True thinks any girl Charlie talks to is perfect for him. Can she get out of her own way and help Charlie and Katrina connect, or will she be stuck in New Jersey forever?

Review: 4 Stars - Only Everything is the first title in the latest trilogy from author Kieran Scott. In this wonderfully written, laugh out loud funny title Kieran writes about the trials of High School life for banished goddess Cupid who has a task she must complete and only a short time to complete it in.

I had no idea what to expect before reading but knowing Kieran I was excited and jumped at the chance to read an early copy of what turned out to be an amazing story with quirky characters and lots of laughs. I found myself laughing out loud more than once and couldn't get over just how whacky Eros, better known as Cupid turned High School student named True was. Watching her for most of the book I cringed and chuckled because, well... you really need to read this title to understand what I mean. I couldn't get over this character who quickly found her way into my heart.

The book itself is written from three different points of view. We have True who I've mentioned above, we have Karina who is somewhat of an outcast and is dealing with her own set of heartbreak and issues. The other point of view is written from new student Charlie who loves the drums and just want's to be accepted by his football couch dad and to be seen for the person he is and not the person his family thinks he should become.

Each point of view and the three characters' stories are intertwined as they navigate high school and come to terms with choices and the other students around them. They stumble, True more than most as she tries to come to terms with her new status while trying to succeed at the task she had been given by Zeus in an effort to save her love Orion.

I enjoyed the flash backs of True's life because we only get a small piece of the puzzle at the very beginning of the book. It was nice to see how things happened, yet I was wishing for more. I wanted to know all about the time True spent with Orion before all hell broke loose. However, I think with how this ended we'll see much more of that in the next installment because that ending.. I didn't see coming. AT ALL and wow, my heart broke a bit for True and what she's going to have to do now.

I also loved having a new character to meet – Heath, he was there to help guide True and man, did she need it! I'm looking forward to more of him in the next installment as well. Speaking of Heath, I have a theory about this character that I won't say here for fear it'll end up a spoiler. At least I hope it'll happen. Since I've mentioned Zeus... can I just say HUGE jerk!? I get he's all powerful and a ruler but wow, harsh.

The lore was also interesting and entertaining and the writing was done extremely well which made the book so much more from beginning to end. I didn't want it to end, yet the ending was both satisfying and frustrating because of that last couple of sentences. Did it end on a cliffhanger? Yes! A shocking one that which I had to reread a few times to make sure what I was seeing on the page was correct.

In the end this was a fantastic book with tons of humor, great characters and writing from a wonderful author. I highly recommend this title to any and all readers because there is plenty to love and lots to relate to from the vast amount of characters and the issues they find themselves in. It's a clean YA title with kissing, talk of drinking and that's about it. Thankfully you won't have to wait much longer before it's release and when it does I know it'll be a huge hit with readers everywhere. Enjoy!


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love