23 April 2014

Title: Sweet Ruin (University of Branton #3)
Author: Nazarea Andrews
Publisher: A&A Literary, 252 Pages (March 13th 2014)
Add to: Goodreads
Order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+

Synopsis: It’s good to be on top… Asher Knox has it all. Girls, wealth, a career most would kill for. He’s just landed the biggest job of his career. And he’s miserable.

She’s fighting her way from the bottom… Megan Beauchamp has no illusions about why she was chosen to be Asher’s PA. She’s pretty, and down to earth, and everything the Hollywood star always falls for. Too bad Megan is just paying her dues and has no interest in anything but advancing at her PR firm.

He’ll throw it all away…Luca James knows what he wants. And he’s waited a long time for the window to open—when it does, he’ll walk away from the career he’s built for a chance at something real.

When Megan’s boss threatens to fire her, Luca and Asher convince her to leave town with them. Between bad hotels and pit stop confessionals, the three are drawn closer together. And the lines blur even more in Branton, where Megan is forced to look at everything she left behind. But when the boys want more, Megan will be forced to choose between the men she loves and the life she thought she wanted. And in a town like Branton, the secrets she keeps won’t be hidden for long.

Warning: for mature audiences. Two sexy men + one sassy heroine = hot sex.

Review: 4 Stars - Sweet Ruin, the third title in author Nazarea Andrews University of Branton series is another wonderfully written title of the inter woven lives of friends and family living or from Branton. Each title is a stand alone which focuses on a new couple, yet couples from previous installments do make appearances so while reading these titles in order isn't mandatory to understand it is suggested. This way you get the full background on all characters new and old.

In Sweet Ruin readers have a chance to spend some time with Megan Beauchamp who we've been introduced to in the first book. Her sister has made an impact on the small town of Branton and on characters from the previous two books. For Megan she wants to get out from under her sisters shadow so she leaves to make a name for herself in Hollywood. While there she becomes PA to a Asher, Hollywood star on the rise and has to deal with pushy family trying to hold her back.

Asher keeps her on her toes and busy leaving Megan very little personal life. He wants do to things his way and doesn't like being told what to do or how to do it. Megan does her job well and knows how to keep him in line and when he needs a break from everything, he's likes to take off and disappear leaving Megan with the rather difficult task of keeping him on track and to get him where he's supposed to be. They are attracted to each other however Megan wants to be taken seriously so she keeps Asher at an arms length.

Megan also has two best friends. One being up and coming Star and model Luca James. He's about to win the roll of his life starting in a huge movie with Asher. And he's never been shy about being attracted to Megan.

So, nothing goes quiet as it should for either of these three characters and can I just say I was NOT expecting what Nazarea had for us and this story. I was shocked, entertained and engrossed from start to finish. The twists and turns that happened near the end of the book came fast and had me gasping after the last page of the book. Where the reader is left made me cringe and I have to say she pretty much nailed it when it comes to a cliffhanger. WOW!

These three characters work so well together and while I didn't warm to Luca as quickly as I did to both Megan and Asher in the end, after I knew his story and what makes him tick I was hooked. These three characters each have some heartbreaking moments due to feelings and issues from their past and I liked watching the three not only learn the good but the bad or rough aspects from their pasts.

In the end I have more than enjoyed this series and I can't wait to find out what happens next. Thankfully we'll get a chance to revisit these three to find out. I know I can't wait! Nazarea has a wonderful way of writing characters that only get better with each book she writes. One thing that I love about this author is the fact that each series she writes has a definitive different voice from the next making each book and or series a pleasure to not only read but to look forward to.

With Nazarea you always know you'll be reading something highly entertaining and well written. I recommend all of her books old and new and am looking forward to reading her next book, no matter the series. One thing, make sure you check to see which titles are “New Adult” and Adult as she does write in both categories. So, go buy and read!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love