09 March 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.


Title: The Sweetest Thing
Author: Christina Mandelski
Publisher: EgmontUSA, 352 Pages (May 10th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Christina Mandelski's debut novel, about a young teen juggling first love, a cake-decorating business, her dad's reality TV show, and a search for her missing mother.



Title: After Midnight (Youngbloods, #1)
Author: Lynn Viehl
Publisher: Flux, 336 Pages (May 8th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Borders, The Book Depository

Synopsis: A Suspenseful New Series Featuring Vampires and Forbidden Love. Sophomore Catlyn Youngblood is used to the nomadic existence she and her two older brothers have shared since the death of their parents. When they settle down for good in the sleepy backwoods town of Lost Lake, Florida, Cat thinks they might finally fit in. Instead, they're shunned by the locals.

While riding her horse late one night, Cat meets an enigmatic and handsome boy named Jesse Raven. Even more strange than her overpowering attraction to him is Jesse's apparent aversion to the sun. As their attraction intensifies, long-kept secrets come to light. Cat learns that the Ravens are a centuries-old vampire clan . . . and worse still, that she and her brothers are descendents of Abraham Van Helsing, the world-famous vampire hunter. Mortal enemies by blood, the two families do all they can to keep them apart. But Cat and Jesse will risk everything to be together—including death.

Again, two very different books for this weeks WoW. The Sweetest Thing - first love, cake decorating, reality TV show and searching for her missing mother... Sounds great! Can't wait! After Midnight... while this isn't a favorite cover, the synopsis does sound like anyone who still loves a good vampire story - like myself - will be excited for this first in a new series. Do either of these sound good to you?

*covers are always subject to change.
*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this page.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

7 comments:

  1. The sweetest thing doesnt sound like my type of book. But After Midnight I havent heard of and sounds like a winner to me. I like the synopsis and I like that its about the vampire hunters and the kids being descendents of Van Helsing. Nice twist to the vampire genre.

    Here is my Wow my Seeing Night Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all of Lynn Viehl's adult Darkyn series have read them yet though. Great picks!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time hearing about After Midnight but I love the synopsis. Putting it on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for After Midnight, it looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..interesting! Thought I might have heard of the second one, but not 100% sure.

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    ~Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on the After Midnight cover. Especially since Teen books can (and do) do much better than that. I'm looking forward to it because I enjoyed Viehl's adult vampire books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really want to read After Midnight. It sounds like a modern Romeo and Juliet - and Romeo and Juliet is my favourite Shakespeare play!
    Awesome WOW books!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love