31 March 2011

Review: Four Thousand Miles By: Jesi Lea Ryan

Title: Four Thousand Miles
Author: Jesi Lea Ryan
Publisher: DCL Publications, 430 pages (November 7th 2010)
From: ebook received from the Author, Thank You!

Synopsis: When Natalie Spencer loses both her career and marriage in the same morning, the emotional shock sends her on a spontaneous journey to England. There, she is nearly mugged in a Tube station, but an introverted songwriter named Gavin Ashby scares off her attackers. Recognizing Natalie’s fragile state, Gavin offers help and invites her to recuperate from her trauma at his country home.

As she adjusts to her new role and surroundings, Natalie finds healing by helping others. Gavin and his family begin to accept Natalie into their hearts, leading her to a choice…abandon her old life in the States and trust in a new chance at love, or flee once again?

Review: 4 Stars - Four Thousand Miles tells the story of one woman’s bad day turned worse. Author Jesi Lea Ryan has written a fantastic story and realistic characters you will become attached to and root for.

After a series of events happen in heroine Natalie’s life the last thing she thinks she’ll do, she does. Hoping on a plane to London with nothing to her name but her purse she’s doing the only thing she can think to do and that’s to get as far away from her life as possible.

Once there she has no idea what comes next, so she walks her way from one end of the busy UK city to the other. After such a daunting day and suffering jet lag she’s off to find a place to sleep and try to begin healing her wounds. Running into some trouble she’s rescued by Gavin who takes her in and becomes a friend.

Gavin is a quiet guy but an extreme gentleman. He’s one of those good guys that every girl hopes to find and Natalie is lucky to have found him. Each character has some baggage – Natalie’s a little fresher than Gavin’s. After quickly becoming friends Gavin suggest she continue her stay in England and offers a room at his families’ farm. She agrees and soon they are off to the country, and the home he shares with his sister and niece.

I really enjoyed both the lead and side characters. Natalie has that strength that I always love and Gavin is that great guy who doesn’t push and lets a girl deal with things in her own time. I know most of us go for the bad boy, but he’s a one of those great guys that give the good guys their name.

I loved that it was set in England and if I’m honest that’s the first thing that sold me on reading this title and I’m glad that I did. The setting turned out to be the added bonus. The characters of Natalie and Gavin felt fresh to me and like real people with real problems and issues.

Jesi Lea Ryan takes the reader through the many ups and downs in the lives of two people who are scared to fight for what they want in the aftermath of being hurt. I would highly suggest this to anyone who loves a great story with likable characters and touches of romance. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. Not a book I would normally read, but I enjoyed hearing about it from you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this, Great find. I will add this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like something I would read because it seems to have characters who are something realistic. I enjoy reading books with characters I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love