03 March 2011

Guest Post: Reagan Star of Star Shadow Blog

So recently I have seen a lot of comments about blogger's being attacked, or pulling together to help in health situations, which has completely blown me away. Let me go into a bit more detail of what I have seen recently.

This past week I have seen a few blog posts from wonderful, talented book blogger's who have been personally attacked regarding a negative review from a self published author. I have read this “supposed” trashy review which simply states that they didn't care for the book and why, and that they were looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I also have watched the comments on this blog of all the followers and other book blogs pulling together in support of this attack showing how a community pulls together to cheer one up or support them through a rough patch.

Also we have gotten word from Kristi at The Story Siren regarding her niece and how the book blogging community has pulled together in prayers, gifts, financial donations or just a simple card to this family through there major health issues. She also recently has release the dollar amount raised by the blogging community over $1000. which is incredible for this family. How can you not feel proud knowing that this little girl is getting little rays of sunshine from all of you. Wow right just WOW!

Not to mention, the reason I have put together this post. Lisa, an amazing book blogger is going through her own medical issues and again we all pull together to help/assist our fellow book blogger. What a strong amazing community we are. We should all be proud of what we are involved in and how it effects each other. I for one cannot say how simple comments on blogs to each other can really make us feel a bit better of what we are offering to each other. Keep up all the great work and certainly keep showing the love to each other.

So tell me, what part of the blogging community makes you proud?

And to all the blogging Glee fans... this song fits just perfectly if you ask me.



Reagan, thanks so much for writing this guest post. It's a subject that's hitting pretty close to home for me and so many other bloggers out there right now. It is a wonderful thing when a large online community is able to come together to help each other out in times of need. Thanks to each of you who have sent such amazing comments, guest posts or just keeping me in your thoughts. It means more than you'll ever know. :)





Find Reagan Online:

Blog | Twitter

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

6 comments:

  1. My Pleasure Lisa, Glad I could stop by and help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started blogging, I thought that referring to my fellow bloggers as "friends" would seem a bit ridiculous. After all, I've never met most of you in person! But after seeing the community pull together to support one another through hard times in whatever way they can...well, the book blogosphere is beyond awesome. I'm proud to be a member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's all encompassed in that little word, "community." We're not just a bunch of random people who barely interact with each other. Threads connect us all, even if we don't always see them. Who we read, who reads us, who we talk to on Twitter, who spreads the word. We've got so many connections, and I'm proud to say that I'm one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy to see this entry on your blog tonight. I had to post a review on a book that really caused me alot of moral dilemma and struggle. It was a review that called on all of my skills to execute in truth. I'm more devoted to my readers and my own sense of values, than I am to writing reviews that falsely weigh in favor of books that are misleading.
    I so appreciate knowing that there are other blogging reviewers out there who feel strongly about the same values and moral obligations, and who are willing to take a stand about it. Thank God for our community and for our integrity in bringing truth in this area of book reading.
    And, thanks to you and Reagan for spreading the news!
    Sincerely,
    Deborah/TheBookishDame

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the wonderful guest post, Reagan. And as a fellow Gleek, this is one of my most favorite versions of this song - thanks for sharing.

    Lisa, sending healing vibes, thoughts and prayers your way! *hugs* Get well soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is an incredible community another great thing I saw was the community getting together to help this one blog I eat Words asked for help raising money for books they were going to buy to take to a children's hospital. Its so nice to see everyone band together.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love