06 October 2013

Title: The Georgia Corbins
Author: Kara Leigh Miller
Publisher: Entranced Publishing (June 10th, 2013)
Genre: YA Contemporary
Add to: Goodreads
Order online here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Amazon UK

Synopsis: Ali Philips never thought anything could be more devastating than the day Levi and Tucker Corbin, her two best friends—her only friends—moved away. Three years passed without a single phone call, text message, or email from them and she’s resolved to the fact that she will probably never see them again. Until one morning when she comes face-to-face with Levi Corbin in physics class.

Little does she know, the Corbins have returned to Haldeen with only one thing on their minds: winning Ali’s heart. Ali soon finds herself in the middle of a love triangle she doesn’t want any part of. As she tries to reclaim the friendships she’s lost and to adjust to the unfamiliar feelings she’s having, she struggles with making the one decision that will forever change their lives: Levi or Tucker Corbin?

She’s always had a special bond with Tucker and feels most comfortable when she’s with him. But Levi brings her to life in a way she didn’t think was possible and makes her feel things she didn’t think she would ever feel. Torn between the two, Ali is certain of only one thing–by the time it’s over, she’ll lose one of her best friends.

Guest Post:
Pick a Character, Any Character!
By
Kara Leigh Miller

        When I get asked who my favorite character is, I often joke that it would be easier to pick which of my children I like the best. Obviously, I’m just kidding. I could never choose one of my children over the other, but it made me think about my characters and why I connect with some more than I do others.

        In The Georgia Corbins, my favorite character is Levi Corbin. It kind of hurts to say that because I feel like I’m being unfair to all my other characters, but there’s no denying it – Levi is my favorite. Why? I’m not sure, exactly, but I do have a few theories.

        1. He’s the quintessential nice guy. He’s that guy that every girl dreams of finding. The guy who loves unconditionally, gives unselfishly, and always knows the right thing to say at the exact moment it needs to be said.
        2. He’s a lot like me in the fact that he always tries to do the right thing no matter what the consequences are to him or his feelings.
        3. Family is important to him and he does what’s necessary to make sure the people he cares about are safe and taken care of.
        4. His unflinching devotion to Ali. No matter what Ali does or says, no matter if she hurts him or not, Levi will always be there for her. He not only told her that, he’s shown her time after time that he means it, too. In this regard, Levi is a lot like my husband.

Now, just because Levi is my favorite doesn’t mean I like my other characters any less. I just like them in a different way and for different reasons. Yeah, I know that sounds like a copout, but it’s the truth.

        Creating characters is a lot like having children – minus all the physical pain of childbirth, of course. Characters, like children, worm their way into your heart. They make you laugh, cry, and scream in frustration. They make choices you don’t always agree with and say things that make you cringe. They can make you proud or embarrass the hell out of you. But one thing never changes: they become a part of you and no matter what; they will always hold a special place in your heart.

Excerpt:

The bell rang and Al was out of the room in a flash. Jimmie Allen and Brody tried to talk to me, but I ignored them and followed Al. It took me a moment to find her in the crowded hallway, but when I did, I didn't waste any time going to her. She was standing at her locker.
I cautiously approached her. "Got a minute?"
She slammed her locker closed and walked in the opposite direction.
"Al!" I chased after her.
She spun around and faced me. "I'm sorry, do I know you?"
Ouch, that was harsh. "I guess I deserved that."
"Oh, you deserve a heck of a lot more than that, Levi," she said angrily.
"I know I do. Look, Al, I'm real sorry. Can you please let me explain?"
"I've been waiting three years. This had best be good." She clutched her books to her chest and tapped her foot impatiently.
I took a deep, shaky breath. "Dad wouldn't let us visit. He said he didn't want to worry about cleaning up after our trouble making ways."
"And your Momma wouldn't let you use the phone? Or did you just forget how?"
Had she always been this feisty? "I have no excuse for that." I shoved my hands in the pockets of my jeans and stared at the ground. "I'm sorry, Al."
"And what's Tucker's excuse?"
"He doesn't have one either."
"I gotta get to class." She turned her back on me again and proceeded to walk away.
"Ali!"
She stopped cold and just stood there, her head down and her back still to me. I'd never called her Ali before. Had I crossed the line?



Author Bio: 

Born and raised in the small town of Mexico, New York, Kara was an only child who was forced to find ways to entertain herself. Playing make believe with her Barbie dolls and stuffed animals was her first real taste of storytelling before she became old enough to develop a love affair with the written word.

She's the author of The Georgia Corbins, a YA romance, several adult novellas, and a handful of short stories. Kara is an active member of the CNY Writers Haven and the CNY Romance Writers. In addition, she's a Senior Editor at Entranced Publishing.

Today, Kara resides in New Haven, New York with her husband, five kids, three cats, and two puppies. When she's not reading or writing, she's thinking about reading and writing. And when she's not doing that, she's spending time with her family and friends.


Find Kara Online:

Website/Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love