Author: Leigh Ann Kopans
Publisher: 394 Pages (October 8, 2013)
Genre: YA fantasy
Add to: Goodreads
Order Online here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK
Check out my review of: One (One Universe #2)
Synopsis: Elias and Merrin’s story continues in TWO, coming October, 2013...
Elias and Merrin are on the run.
After escaping the Biotech Hub, they thought they could breathe easy, or at least a little easier. But when bombs slam into the Social Welfare Hub only hours after their arrival, it becomes clear there's nowhere to hide - and no end to what Biotech will do to get them back.
Their last chance for safety and answers is the Clandestine Service Hub. CS has intel on the real, broader purpose behind Fisk’s experiments , and the newfound knowledge of the horrors hidden deep within Biotech’s walls sends Merrin back to recover a secret formula that could ruin the Supers’ world forever—and might just save the lives of the Biotech victims spiraling out of control.
Elias' sisters are counted among the victims of Fisk’s experiments, and if Elias can't find and help them, their powers will destroy them--sooner rather than later. Returning to the place it all began terrifies him, but with Fisk ready to make an example out of Merrin, and his sisters’ lives --and the lives of all Supers--hanging in the balance, he might not have a choice. If he can't find the courage to face his worst fears, Elias might lose more than his newfound powers.
He might lose everyone he loves.
Hi Lisa! Thank you so much for hosting me on your FABULOUS blog for my playlist post! TWO’s playlist is so near and dear to my heart, and I’m so glad I get to share it with you!
I’ve warned everyone that Elias, TWO’s narrator, is pretty romantic and emo, and I think that’s definitely reflected in this playlist. Far and away, THE song of this playlist, Elias’s personal anthem, is “Below My Feet” by Mumford & Sons. It’s a prayer for everything to be still and stable, with the feeling that he would do anything to get to that place. I played it hundreds of times during edits – that’s how deeply it spoke to me, and this character. So without further ado…
1. “Better Off as Two” by Nick Flora – This song was written by the artist especially for ONE and TWO. It captures them so perfectly, in lyrics and mood, that it makes me tear up every time. Here, you can listen to a sample and even download it!
2. “Firefly” by Ed Sheeran – Besides the fact that one of Mer and Elias’s falling-in-love moments involved catching fireflies, I think the lyrics and tone of this song perfectly capture the fragility of early, intense love.
3. “Sinner’s Sonnet” by Andrew Whitman – A simple song about having to leave a home you’re not sure you’re ready to leave yet.
4. “You and I” by Ingrid Michaelson – Capturing the careful optimism of striking it out in the world alone with the person you love.
5. “Distance” by Christina Perri – Here’s some angst! This is about desperately wanting to be closer to someone even when you know they need you to be farther away.
6. “Skinny Love” by Bon Iver – Another angsty-lyriced, yet chill, tune about the worry that someone might not love you as much as you love them.
7. “Rivers and Roads” by the Head and the Heart – A sad, but faithful, song about wanting to be with someone you love.
8. “Meteor Shower” by Owl City – A carryover from the ONE soundtrack, an uplifting song about how one person can change the entire fabric of your being.
9. “We Are In Love” by Cider Sky – A sunshiny, yet slow song. This just sounds like Merrin and Elias.
10. “Below My Feet” by Mumford and Sons – This just grabbed me and never let me go. Still hasn’t. (Hold out for the third and final chorus. Chokes me up every time.)
Leigh Ann, thanks for stopping by today to share this awesome playlist! Some amazing songs and some new to me songs that I'm looking forward to checking out soon!
About the Author:
Leigh Ann Kopans: Raised on comic books and classic novels, Leigh Ann developed an early love of science fiction and literature. As an adult, she rediscovered her love for not only reading, but also writing the types of fiction that enchanted her as a teen. Her debut novel, ONE, is about a girl with only half a superpower, the boy who makes her fly, and her struggle to make herself whole.
Find Leigh Ann Online:
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Goodreads