14 December 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here's what you do...



-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
-Share the title & author, too, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!

Title: Purpose (Soul Savers, #2)
Author: Kristie Cook
Publisher: Ang'dora Productions, LLC, 377 Pages (December 15th 2010)
Order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble

Synopsis: Lost in despair, Alexis teeters on the edge of an abyss, her lifeline of hope fraying into a thin thread. If it snaps, she’ll plunge into complete darkness. With the help of her son and her writing, she’s been able to hold on. Until now. Erratic impulses, disturbing delusions and her own demonic blood threaten her sanity. When she’s forced to choose between hanging onto hope or letting go to serve her Amadis purposes, she faces a decision with inconceivable sacrifices.

Alexis runs to the one place she thinks will provide answers, only to find herself at the center of another battle of good versus evil, not only with the Daemoni, not only within herself…but also against the worst opponent imaginable. But even if she wins, what will she lose?

     "This is a bad idea", Mom said, following me outside. I threw the bags into the Ferrari's passenger seat.
     "No, it's a good idea. Or at least it is an idea. The first real idea I've had, one with purpose, anyways."
     "What kind of purpose, Alexis? You don't even know where your going."
Pg, 67-68

If you haven't read the first book in this series - Promise yet, you sure don't know what your missing. These books are amazing and I'm hooked on everything about this series. From the characters to the story, to the writing and the plot, I'm hooded. Be sure to pick you your copies of both Promise and Purpose soon. You won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this page.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

4 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I haven't read this series before but maybe I should check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I haven't read the first book so thanks for the recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh very interesting! Curious to know what Alexis is doing!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh....that sounds interesting, and I love how it ties into the title of the book! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love