31 December 2010

My Top 10 Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2011

For the whole week, I've been posting various Top 10 List of books for 2010 and 2011. Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic and I thought it might be fun to do a sort of recap, sharing all the books we've loved - for various reasons and then some. An now I'm looking forward and on into 2011 for some books I'm more than looking forward to. I hope you enjoy my list. Be sure to head over and check out Jessica's too. If you've missed any of the days this week, feel free to hop back over to Monday's post to see the first list.

Title: Delirium (Delirium, #1)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: HarperTeen, 440 Pages (February 1st 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - Well, even though I've already read it... I just couldn't keep it off my list. I'll be re-reading this book for a long time to come. It's just that epic.

Synopsis: Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.


Title: Shift (Shade, #2)
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher: Simon Pulse, 320 Pages (May 3rd 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - More than loved Shade. It was one of my favorite books of 2010. As soon as I finished Shade, I just KNEW I needed Shift. If you haven't read Shade yet... pick it up soon - you have no idea what your missing!

Synopsis: Aura's life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend Logan died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows that he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can't deny her connection to the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she's not sure that she wants to.

Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.

As Aura's search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets...and her heart.



Title: Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press, 368 Pages (July 12th 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - It's The final book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. Which = EPICNESS. The love I have for these books, the characters and this series... I have no words for how much my heart swells for them. The End.

Synopsis: The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy from Maggie Stiefvater.

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. In Linger, they fought to be together. Now, in Forever, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.



Title: Hooked
Author: Catherine Greenman
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers, 288 Pages (August 9th 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - It sounds different and I really am looking forward to more different in 2011. I can't wait to read this one. Sometimes it's a nice change to step away from Paranormal/Supernatural/Urban Fantasy books and this one sounds like it would be perfect just for that.

Synopsis: Thea Galehouse has always known how to take care of herself. With a flighty club-owner mom and a standoffish, recovering-alcoholic dad, Thea has made her own way in her hometown of New York, attending the prestigious and competitive Stuyvesant High School. But one chat with Will, a handsome and witty senior, and she's a goner—completely hooked on him and unable to concentrate on anything else.

Always worried that she loves Will more than he loves her, Thea is pleasantly surprised when their romance weathers his move to college and Will goes out of his way to involve her in his life. But then, Thea misses a period. And that starts Thea and Will on a wild ride that neither of them could have possibly prepared for. When they decide to keep the baby, their concerned parents chip in what they can to keep Will in school and give both teenagers a comfortable place to raise their child. But when a freak accident leaves Thea shaken and threatens to upend their little family altogether, Thea is forced to turn to the last place she would have chosen for comfort: her stiff, uncompromising father.

This smart, touching first novel brims with realistic, beautifully drawn characters, and reminds us that love is never as easy or predictable as we might like it to be.


Title: Across the Universe
Author: Beth Revis
Publisher: Razorbill, 400 Pages (January 11th 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - This is one of those MUST READ books. I just want to curl up in a quiet room and read in one sitting type of books. The whole idea sounds like a book I'd be a fool to pass up.

Synopsis: A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone--one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship--tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


Title: Betrayal (Haunted Emma, #2)
Author: Lee Nichols
Publisher: Bloomsbury, 304 Pages (March 1st 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - I Loved Deception and WOW that last couple of pages were somewhat shocking. It's one of those books that you can't wait to read the sequel. This is a MUST MUST MUST read for me and ohhh, I can't wait!

Synopsis: Emma Vaile is the most powerful ghostkeeper in centuries. Which is great when she's battling the wraith-master Neos, but terrible when she's flirting with fellow ghostkeeper (and soul mate) Bennett. When ghostkeepers fall in love, the weaker one loses all power, and that's not something Bennett can handle. Heartbroken and alone, Emma tries to lose herself in school with fellow ghostkeeper, Natalie. When a new team of ghostkeepers arrive—one a snarky teen boy, the other a British scholar—Emma finds solace in training for the battle against Neos. But as the team grows stronger, they are threatened by an unknown force. One they thought was good.

As chilling and page-turning as Deception, this sequel will grab readers and hold them to the last page. No one is safe from suspicion as Emma closes in on the traitor.


Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: HarperCollins/Katherine Tegen Books, 496 Pages (May 3rd 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - More and more amazing sounding books for 2011. And this one is another one that I just couldn't pass up for this list. It sounds like it has everything I like to read in a good book and then some.

Synopsis: One choice

One choice decides your friends, defines your beliefs, and determines your loyalties . . . forever.

Or, one choice can transform you.

In Veronica Roth's debut novel, Divergent, a perfect society unfolds into a dystopian world of electrifying decisions, stunning consequences, heartbreaking betrayals, and unexpected romance.


Title: Stolen Nights (Vampire Queen, #2)
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin, 320 Pages (June 22nd 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - Another book I loved in 2010 was the first in this series - Infinite Days. Rebecca Maizel writes great characters and a fantastic story. The ending left me wanting more. I can't wait to see what happens next to the characters.

Synopsis: Thought you loved Infinite Days? Well, just wait until you read the sequel and second book in the Vampire Queen trilogy, Stolen Nights.



Title: What Happened to Goodbye
Author: Sarah Dessen
Publisher: Viking Juvenile (May 10th 2011)

Why I'm looking forward to this book - I love Sarah Dessen. Her books are always a must read and I'm excited to see what she has for us next.

Synopsis: What Happened to Goodbye is about a high school senior who, after her parents’ divorce, has taken up the practice of assuming a new identity in each of the four towns she’s lived in.

And, book number 10 would have to be the sequel to Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) By: Kelly Creagh. There aren't any details about this book yet, just that it'll be out sometime in 2011. Not even a title yet. I can't wait for it, so I knew it had to make this list.

Choosing just 10 books for this list, was really hard to do.With so many great titles coming out in 2011, I have a few honorable mentions that I hated to leave out of this list: Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3), Recovery Road, Unearthly, Angelfire (Angelfire, #1), The Piper’s Son, Where I Belong, Bumped and so many others, this list could be never ending.

*Note: this list is in no particular order. Each of these books are a few of my favorites from 2010.
*covers are always subject to change.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely looking forward to the release of Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Divergent and Across the Universe. I have Deception in my TBR pile. Now I really want to read it since you said the last two pages are a shocker and a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! If you haven't obtained your copy of "Delirium" yet I have a contest going on: http://www.missremmersreview.com/2010/11/donate-review-for-christmas-part-deux.html until Monday night.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love