03 December 2010

"Just Picked" is a new Feature here at A Life Bound By Books. Each month I'll be sharing with you various picture books or younger kids books that I've come across that I think everyone with kids, or even adults will love to read or would even make a great coffee table book.


Title: Chocolate Dreams (Candy Fairies, #1)
Author: Helen Perelman
Illustrator: Erica-Jane Waters
Publisher: Aladdin
Age Range: 4-8
Order Online: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository
From: the Publisher, Thank You!

Synopsis: Cocoa the Chocolate Fairy is so excited. The fairy princess picked her to watch over the special chocolate eggs for the spring Egg Parade. But right before the parade, the eggs are missing from the nest! Can Cocoa and her friends solve the egg mystery before the big day?

Review: 4 Stars - Chocolate Dreams is the first in this Middle Grade series from author Helen Perelman. With cute characters and Illustrations, the story teaches friendship, team work, courage and more. The story was perfectly relevant for its target age group and had some good lessons for such readers.

Each of the Fairies is more then sweet, no pun intended. I enjoyed the imaginative illustrations throughout the book allowing everyone a sneak peek into the candy world and the fairies that live, and take care of and grow every type of candy you could ever dream of.

It’s not often that I’ll read a middle grade book, but the covers for these and being that there is candy involved I thought I’d give them a try. I’m glad I did and am looking forward to reading and sharing them with my niece soon.


Title: Rainbow Swirl (Candy Fairies, #2)
Author: Helen Perelman
Illustrator: Erica-Jane Waters
Publisher: Aladdin
Age Range: 4-8
Order Online: Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository
From: the Publisher, Thank You!

Synopsis: Life in Sugar Valley is deliciously fun!

Candy Fair is one of the biggest candy events in Sugar Valley. Raina the Gummy Fairy is serious about winning fi rst prize. She follows all the rules to make the perfect new candy. Then a terrible storm blows through Gummy Forest, and all of Raina's dreams are washed away....

Review: 4 Stars - Rainbow Swirl is the second book in the Candy Fairies series from author Helen Perelman. In this book there are more lessons through that kids will easily pick up on. This time, the cute fairies are excited that they are able to take part in this years Candy Fair. They show not only now creative you can be but also how to all pull together to help one another out after a storm makes a mess in Gummy Forest.

The illustrations also continue throughout and show more of the fairies and the sugar land they live in. I was happy to be able to continue reading right through to this next book and again I’m more than looking forward to reading these with my niece. I know she’ll love them and I can see her reading each over and over again for awhile to come.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.
*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this page.
*Please note that this is feature here that I have created specifically for my blog. Should you wish to have a feature like this, please be sure to make it all your own.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. They sound like such cute books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the covers. Thanks for the heads up will have to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love