02 May 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.


Title: Gilt (The Royal Circle, #1)
Author: Katherine Longshore
Publisher: Viking Juvenile, 398 Pages (May 15th, 2012)
Add to: Goodreads
Pre-order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: In the court of King Henry VIII, nothing is free--
and love comes at the highest price of all.

When Kitty Tylney's best friend, Catherine Howard, worms her way into King Henry VIII's heart and brings Kitty to court, she's thrust into a world filled with fabulous gowns, sparkling jewels, and elegant parties. No longer stuck in Cat's shadow, Kitty's now caught between two men--the object of her affection and the object of her desire. But court is also full of secrets, lies, and sordid affairs, and as Kitty witnesses Cat's meteoric rise and fall as queen, she must figure out how to keep being a good friend when the price of telling the truth could literally be her head.

Title: The Hunt (The Hunt #1)
Author: Andrew Fukuda
Publisher: St. Martins Griffin, 293 Pages (May 8th, 2012)
Add to: Goodreads
Pre-order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Don’t Sweat.  Don’t Laugh.  Don’t draw attention to yourself.  And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.

Gene is different from everyone else around him.  He can’t run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn’t hurt him and he doesn’t have an unquenchable lust for blood.  Gene is a human, and he knows the rules.  Keep the truth a secret.  It’s the only way to stay alive in a world of night—a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.

When he’s chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene’s carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him.  He’s thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible—and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever—but is it worth the cost of his humanity?

Title: The Lost Code (The Atlanteans, #1)
Author: Kevin Emerson
Publisher: HarperCollins, 435 Pages (May 22nd, 2012)
Add to: Goodreads
Pre-order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: WHAT IS OLDEST WILL BE NEW, WHAT IS LOST SHALL BE FOUND.

The ozone is ravaged, ocean levels have risen, and the sun is a daily enemy. But global climate change is not something new in the Earth’s history.

No one will know this better than less-than-ordinary Owen Parker, who is about to discover that he is the descendant of a highly advanced ancient race—a race that took their technology too far and almost destroyed the Earth in the process.

Now it is Owen’s turn to make right in his world what went wrong thousands of years ago. If Owen can unlock the lost code in his very genes, he may rediscover the forgotten knowledge of his ancestry…and that less-than-ordinary can evolve into extraordinary.


Yep! It's that time of the week, for another Wow. And I'm back with 3 titles this week that I think sound not only exciting but different. Exciting and different = a must read. I tend to have a hard time with historicals, yet with Gilt, I just can't wait for it. It sounds utterly captivating to me. And then The Hunt, which comes out next week.. I thought I had this one in a previous WoW and noticed it's been missing... eek! Sorry, but seriously, is it about vampires? Or something else? The synopsis doesn't call them that, so I'm very curious about what the things are the author has written about. Last, but not least - The Lost Code. It sounds mysterious and thrilling, who things that make a book a must read for me. 

So, what do you guys think of the three books this week? Anything you see here that you can't wait to read too?

*covers are always subject to change.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

8 comments:

  1. oh the Hunt is amazing!! Will check out the other books you mentioned! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Hunt, it was creepy and the vampires (yep, it's definitely vampires), have some unique 'features' that set them apart from other vampires. Was also nice to read from a male POV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh interesting! I love the cover for that first one! Reminds me of the Cold Kiss cover...can't remember the author even though I saw the second book earlier this morning!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm really interested in gilt too. the cover makes it seem like it's not ya though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Gilt sounds like it could be a really great historical fiction novel! I'm going to hope more reviews pop up for it and hope they're all positive. Great WoW picks! :)

    ~ Liz -> My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I have The Hunt & The Lost Code on my TBR list! The early reviews I've read for The Hunt have been very positive! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gilt looks SO good! I've already seen some positive reviews of it and I can't wait to dive into my copy. I love the Tudors-one of my favorite periods of history to read about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunt is a little confusing to begin with, but it definitely picks up later. The other two are on my TBR already-great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love