07 May 2012


Hey everyone. I’m really happy to be visiting Lisa’s blog today. When I was trying to think of a post idea I just kept thinking of how some of us book lover’s have crazy book habits. I’m sure you all have some too. Here are a few of mine. 

Crazy Book Habits

1.  One book at a time.

I hate reading more than one book at a time. It bugs me and I’m not sure why. Right now I have 4 books that I’m “currently reading” on Goodreads and it drives me nuts! Odd, right? But I think it’s because I just like to focus on that one story, get it finished, and move on. I know a lot of people who read way more than one book and they don’t get twitchy every time they see their Goodreads page. -- Not me! It may have to do with my insane ideas of organization and if there isn’t just one book being read, my life is chaos. Do you see the connection? ;)

2.  Do NOT bend the pages *gasp*

I see old books that have dog eared pages and I know it shows their character, but...I can’t do it. I always try to be so very careful with my books and flipping down the corner of a page would make me break out in hives. Again, maybe it’s linked to some of my organizational/perfectionist tendencies. It’s not like I’m a neat freak (trust me! You should see my house), but I am when it comes to my books. This also goes along with the idea of not bending the spine of the book. I have in the past. Those darn tiny romance novels are hard to read without it bending some, but for my YA books, they are kept in mint condition! My house can look like a tornado touched down in the living room, but darn it, those books will be spotless!

3.  Bookshelf Organization (and the lack of...)

Yes, it’s true. I like my bookshelf to be organized. Too bad that I have way too many books for the bookshelf. Right now books are piled on the main top of my shelf; siting in front, on top, and sideways. My goal is to one day have a huge built-in bookshelf but for now, I’m dealing with 2 tiny bookshelves for my “to read” pile, and another for my “read” pile. But, when I do have the ability to keep things more organized, hardback books are kept together, paperback together, signed copies together. Books in a series are together and everything is organized by height. I used to have a few shelves strictly dedicated to ARCs and the books that I had to read soon. Now, not so much. My happiest day will be when my build-in shelf is ready to go and I am standing there waiting to add my books to the shelf. I’m sure I will spend hours sorting and organizing and I feel feel like a kid who just got a lifetime pass to Disney World.

4.  Must..STOP...reading....series. BUT I CAN’T!

I know a lot of people have to break up with a series. You just can’t get along, you have loved and hated each other for a while and it’s just time to go your separate ways. I just .... CAN’T! Okay, in some cases I have stopped reading a series a few books into it but I would never count it out. I just don’t go out of my way to get the new books. In my mind the series is still a little blip on my radar and someday I may get back to it. I just feel loyalty to the series and it’s hard to break. For example, the House of Night series. That series was one of the first ones I picked up over 2 years ago. I adored the first few books. I hadn’t read a lot of paranormal YA but it really grabbed me. Then...it kinda lost me somewhere around the middle. But, I just couldn’t let it go! So I read 2 more books in the series last year and liked them. Now I have the most recent book and hope to read it soon. I know that I’m too far gone to stop now. It would drive me nuts to not know what happens to these characters. I’ll just keep chugging along. Even when I’d like to scream and throw my book across the room, don’t worry..I hate bending pages, remember? So the book is safe. :)

Do you all think I’m crazy yet? Maybe just a little? I know it’s okay because true book lovers do have some slightly crazy habits. I feel like I am good company with my obsessive tendencies towards my book collection.

Go ahead, spill the beans! What are your crazy book habits?





Find Jessica Online:


Together, we co-host - Haunted Halloween, Top 10 Week and Blogger Talk, Novel Exposed.



Jessica, thanks so much for taking over my blog today! I'm excited to have you here. My BFF, partner in crime. Feel free to take over my blog ANYTIME! <3

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. My biggest thing about my books is that if I buy the first book in a series in hardcover I have to buy the rest of the series in hardcover. Same goes for paperback. You simply cannot mix the two. Its not allowed.

    I also refuse to send people off with book jackets when they borrow my books. I always keep the jackets. Not sure why. I guess I just don't want to risk people not being as careful with them as I would like. If they are going to get worn out from excessive reading, I want it to be from me.

    Great post!:)

    --Katie
    The Fiction Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. At school, I always carry one of the novels I'm reading on top of my school binder.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love