03 May 2012

Title: My Soul To Take (Soul Screamers, #1)
Author: Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen, 279 Pages (August 1st, 2009)
From: A gift from a friend
Format: Paperback
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.


Review: 4 Stars - My Soul to Take, the first book in Soul Screamers series by author Rachel Vincent introduces us to her fantastically written characters and world of Banshees. 

Kaylee is pretty much your average teen girl. Or so she wishes. Knowing when someone near you is about to die and feeling the need to scream is anything but “average”. She believes there’s something wrong with her and her aunt and uncle who she lives with aren’t any help explaining what might be wrong with her.  I believe that Kaylee is a brilliant character with a huge heart. She wants to use her knowledge to her advantage and try to save people from dying.

Nash is a classmate of Kaylees and is drawn to her. It’s Nash to uncover what’s wrong with Kaylee and who she really is. He’s honest with her when no one else would be. He takes the time to explain things to her and goes out of his way to help her through a rough time in her life. It’s hard enough being a teen, but when you’re a teen and a Banshee, life couldn’t get weirder.

The two together are a great pair, but with the introduction of a certain Reaper named Tod, it makes you wonder what might happen next. I’m a Tod girl right from the start and the scenes with him pretty much made a great book so much better. 

All in all, Vincent’s writing and characters are fun and entertaining. It was just the book I was looking for. I thoroughly enjoyed the series and can’t wait to see what happens next. And, bring on more Tod please. I highly recommend this series to any and all fans of paranormal young adult. I have no idea what took me so long to start this series, but as always, it’s better late than never. Don’t pass these books by. Enjoy.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book as it was given to me as a gift from a friend, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this series too! :) thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear...I must be the last book blogger in the universe who has yet to read this series! Lol. I've had the first book on my shelf for ages...I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Glad to hear it was good though, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! I think each book just gets better & better! One of my favorite YA series :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got this from the library a few weeks ago, and it's still sitting on my desk waiting to be read. Oh to have all the time in the world to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these books so unique. The best books are by Michelle Zink though, and hopefully I win the Temptation of angels book and gift card you have a very nice web page and blog by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love