27 July 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.

Title: Deadly Cool
Author: Gemma Halliday
Publisher: HarperTeen, 272 Pages (October 11th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Hartley Grace Featherstone is having a very bad day. First she finds out that her boyfriend is cheating on her with the president of the Herbert Hoover High School Chastity Club. Then he's pegged as the #1 suspect in a murder. And if that weren't enough, now he's depending on Hartley to clear his name. Seriously? Not cool. But as much as Hartley wouldn't mind seeing him squirm, she knows he's innocent, and she's the only one who can help him. Along with her best friend, Sam, and the school's resident Bad Boy, Chase, Hartley starts investigating on her own. But as the dead bodies begin to pile up, the mystery deepens, the suspects multiply, and Hartley begins to fear that she may be the killer's next victim.

Title: Hades (Halo, #2)
Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends, 422 Pages (August 30th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Even the love of her boyfriend, Xavier Woods, and her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can’t keep the angel Bethany Church from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, Jake Thorn bargains for Beth’s release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly her loved ones as well. Can he be trusted in this wager? And what does Jake have Xavier believing about Beth’s fate that may result in an act of betrayal that will leave Bethany – and readers – wondering if Xavier is so good after all?

Title: A Beautiful Dark
Author: Jocelyn Davies
Publisher: HarperTeen, 320 Pages (September 27th 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: On the night of Skye's seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites--like fire and ice--Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye's life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move--only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.

In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can't help falling for, and Devin, who she can't stay away from, the consequences of Skye's choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.

First off, I love the covers for all three. As for Deadly Cool, I've read it's a bit on the Veronica Mars side of things and since that's one of my all time favorite shows, yeah, it's a MUST READ! As for Hades and A Beautiful Dark, I've read both recently, so keep an eye out for those reviews in the near future. So, what are your thoughts on these titles?

*covers are always subject to change.
*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

7 comments:

  1. Great picks! I can't wait for all of them. Hades has such a gorgeous cover and since I love Veronica Mars I can't wait for Deadly Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her eyes on Deadly cool, my daughter has eyes like that except a little lighter. Great picks!

    Here is
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so pretty,,,and you have some nice books,your waiting on,,I love the cover to Hades,,I have Halo on my wishlist,,the covers are amazing,,
    have a great wednesday,!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love the first cover! Great picks!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! Deadly Cool and A Beautiful Dark sound really good, I am adding these to my list. I am so excited for Hades, I loved Halo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to number 1 and heck no to number 2. Halo was SO not the book for me. Gah...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is...Veronica Mars? Eeek! :D Lol. If Deadly Cool is anything like VM, I'll definitely be giving it a try.

    Thanks for the heads up, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love