15 July 2011

Review: Forgotten By: Cat Patrick

Title: Forgotten
Author: Cat Patrick
Publisher: Little Brown, 288 Pages (June 7th 2011)
From: the Publisher, Thank You!

Synopsis: Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Review: 5 Stars - Forgotten by Cat Patrick is hands down one of the best books I’ve read in 2011. From its synopsis, cover to cover this book had me excited and kept drawing me in until I found that I had read it, in it’s entirety in one sitting.

London is a strong female lead character. There’s no other way she can be with what she’s dealing with. She can’t remember her past, even today she’ll forget when she sleeps and a future she remembers but is doomed to forget, which really is all pretty confusing and rough, right? That’s where her strength comes in. To live with this, to function and deal with each day as she does… wow! She is pretty attached to her phone, being able to make notes in it to help remember and then she writes notes to herself each night, I can understand her worry about what’s important forever afraid she might leave something out.

When Luke enters the picture London has some pretty big choices to make, some which are much harder then others. He’s a great guy, mysterious underneath it all. However, he’s one of those good guy characters that’ll leave many readers in a puddle after reading. He’s caring, sweet and is there for London even though he doesn’t really know what all she’s dealing with.

When London start having disturbing dreams that seemed to start right around when Luke came into the picture, she doesn’t know just what to make of it all. With only glimpse, she can only assume the worst is yet to come in these dreams of the future.

The relationship between London and Luke worked when it should have been more than an uphill battle due to London’s affliction. I mean, don’t get me wrong there are some major bumps along the way that I didn’t see coming, but the London really made it all work.

Patrick has masterfully weaved a story so full of mystery and romance that easily made this a favorite for me in 2011. With characters I loved and events that are real a mystery that’ have you holding your breath and twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat, Forgotten is bound to find a place on everyone’s favorite’s shelf. I can’t wait to see what Patrick has for us next… she’s one of those authors that whatever she writes, I’ll be eagerly awaiting to read. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

6 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a serious rave there! I've been teetering as to whether I wanted to read it and I've seen some pretty decent reviews but I trust your opinion and I'm going for it! Thanks for the great review.
    Happy reading,
    Mary @ Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I keep hearing good reviews just about everywhere I turn, so hopefully I won't be disappointed. It's great to know that you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to reading this one. I just might pick this one up next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love. I'm now following you as well. What a beautifully designed blog. Really like your header. New follower. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEY, I just won a copy of this book!
    I am so glad to read that it was so good! Now I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review now I really can't wait to get this!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love