28 July 2011

Title: Betrayed (The Guardian Legacy, #2)
Author: Ednah Walters
Publisher: Self-Published, (August 1st 2011)
From: the Author, Thank You!
Check out my Review: Awakened (The Guardian Legacy, #1)

Synopsis: Lil has come to terms with her life as a Guardian/demon hunter and the wielder of the Nephilim most powerful weapon. She trains everyday to master her growing powers, gets along with her Guardian trainee friends (most of the time) and cherishes her moments with her human friends.

Just when she feels she belongs, her nature-bender father contacts her and warns her about a betrayal by someone close to her. Then Bran, the guy she loves, starts to act strange and one of her human friends acquires a supernatural ability. While Lil struggles find a connection between these three things, she begins to realize that someone is manipulating her and Bran, and will stop at nothing (including hurting those she loves) to lure them to the dark side.

Review: 4 Stars - Betrayed is the exciting second book in the Guardian Legacy series by Ednah Walters. Filled with twists and turns, this thrilling continuation reminded me just why I thoroughly enjoyed the first book and this second only further solidified being a HUGE fan of these characters, this series and the author.

Lil has finally started to get used to things as a Guardian, yet she is still trying to achieve better control over all her powers. She has a loving relationship with Bran, great friends and feels like she’s finally found a place to belong. She’s a pretty amazing female lead who continues to fight for her family and friends and what she feels is right. She has a lot on her plate in this book, dealing with a number of things while trying to master her powers. Throughout it all she’s attending High School and being sent out on missions with her Guardian friends, and she seems to do it all pretty well. That is until things go a little wrong.

Their relationship – Lil and Bran’s – is great; he’s still one of those male characters that I thoroughly love. Their relationship has always had its up’s and down’s and this time they are going to be faced with a HUGE roadblock. Bran’s dealing with his own set of huge messy issues surrounding not only himself, but also with his siblings - I didn’t know what was happening, what was going on or what might be right around the corner for Walters and her characters. I felt for both Lil and Bran, with all they were facing and when everything came to light on what was really going on, I think my heart broke a tiny bit.

Walters has taken this second book and kicked it up a notch. Sometimes when it comes to a second book in a series there’s a lull or it can be a bit on the slow side, setting up for the next book(s) to come and I was extremely elated and can say that this isn’t the case with this one. Its action packed, has many twists and more of these amazing great characters that we were introduced to in the first book – Awakened.

All in all, I’m a huge fan of Walters and her thrilling self published YA series. With characters I love and a thrilling story, I’m eagerly awaiting the next book in the series. I highly recommend this series to all, especially fans of supernatural tales within the YA genre. So, what are you waiting for?

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the first book but felt I really need some more background details.
    I think I am going to have to get this one THANKS :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!
    This is a great second book and I really enjoyed it, especially as the characters were more 'settled'

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love