19 December 2010

Review: Purpose (Soul Savers, #2) By: Kristie Cook

Title: Purpose (Soul Savers, #2)
Author: Kristie Cook
Publisher: Ang'dora Productions, LLC, 377 Pages (December 15th 2010)
From: Kristie, Thank you SO much!

Synopsis: Lost in despair, Alexis teeters on the edge of an abyss, her lifeline of hope fraying into a thin thread. If it snaps, she’ll plunge into complete darkness. With the help of her son and her writing, she’s been able to hold on. Until now. Erratic impulses, disturbing delusions and her own demonic blood threaten her sanity. When she’s forced to choose between hanging onto hope or letting go to serve her Amadis purposes, she faces a decision with inconceivable sacrifices.

Alexis runs to the one place she thinks will provide answers, only to find herself at the center of another battle of good versus evil, not only with the Daemoni, not only within herself…but also against the worst opponent imaginable. But even if she wins, what will she lose?

Review: 5 Stars - It was more than easy to fall in love with the first book in the Soul Savers series – Promise. With an incredible story, writing and amazing characters that stick with you, I knew that as I read the last page I needed to know more. Thankfully I didn’t have to wait but a few short months for the second book – Purpose to be released. Let me just say that Cook has totally outdone herself. Her writing and story from one book to the next blended and flowed and her characters were the same that I fell in love with from the first book.

Purpose takes place 7 years after Promise left off. It’s a whirlwind of sorts learning all that’s happened in Alexis’s life over those years. She’s struggling with everything and for good reason. If you haven’t read Promise, you need to start there to know just what I’m talking about. She’s lost and more than broken and doesn’t know how to deal even after all these years that an extremely traumatic event that happened at the end of Promise. You can see and almost feel her struggles right along with her. She’s become one of those characters for me that I feel I know and understand and I’m excited to read more throughout the continuation of the series.

As with every series it’s great to learn more about the history of all the characters especially when dealing with otherworldly beings. It was great to learn right along with Alexis some of what she not only has become but some of what she’ll be forced to deal with throughout her life. I’m looking forward to learning more about both the Amadis and Daemoni races in future books, as I believe that Cook has just touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to both. The mystery behind each race left so many questions in Promise, yet with Purpose, Cook made it a point to answer some, yet left others open. The unanswered questions didn’t take away from the story in the slightest. Especially since this is only a small part of a much larger story, with many more books yet to come *Happy Dance*!

Ohhh and there’s just now way I could forget to mention Owen. He was much more of a character in this book and, well, he quickly found a spot in my heart and that spot is still burning bright. He blended in perfectly and I believe he has a larger part in the series in the books to come. His story needs to be told *hint hint Kristie!*.

With emotions running high from Promise to Purpose - It’s thrilling, fast paced, sexy – with moments I found myself shaking my head, my heart breaking a little, gasping or laughing out loud. Let’s just say that I’ll never be able to listen to the song “Rock You like a Hurricane” the same again. Get the books and read them quick to find just exactly what I’m talking about!

Cook has what it takes in these self published works to take this industry by storm. If you have yet to read Promise, you have to fix that soon. It’s a MUST read for everyone who loves great writing and characters that stick with you. Promise and Purpose quickly became two of my favorite books in 2010 and two books that I’ll be reading over and over again for a long time to come. Anyone who loves a good paranormal story with a steamy romance, you have found the perfect two books just for you. I highly recommend both Promise and Purpose to everyone. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

2 comments:

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love