30 April 2012


April's author and book have been a fantastic pick! Jessica (Confessions of a Bookaholic) and I have been excited to share this interview and quotes with you. So, lets get right to it!

Title: A Temptation of Angels
Author: Michelle Zink
Publisher: Dial Books, 435 Pages, (March 20th, 2012)
Add to: Goodreads
Order here: Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository

Synopsis: Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.

Michelle Zink masterfully weaves historical fantasy with paranormal romance to create a gripping tale of love and betrayal.

Interview:

1. Was A Temptation of Angels more, or less, difficult than writing Prophecy of the Sisters?

Honestly, it was just... different. With Prophecy, I had a three-book story arc. Pacing that correctly was always at the forefront of my mind, because I wanted the series to get better and better rather than peter out toward the end. But writing Temptation as a stand-alone was also a challenge, because I had to tell the whole story in one book when my inclination is always to dig deeper. Both stories have heavy psychological undertones, though, and getting that right is always a challenge.

2. Could you share with us one thing about the main characters from A Temptation of Angels that we don’t know but should?


While Helen comes to love one man by the end of the book, she values her independence and has no intention of marrying and living a traditional life at the close of TEMPTATION.

Griffin is every bit as strong as Darius but defers to his older brother because he knows Darius needs the illusion of control to feel safe.

Darius keep everyone at a distance - everyone except Anna - because he's afraid to be as vulnerable and wounded as he was after the execution of his parents

Raum's story is far from over.... Dun-dun-DUHN!

3. Since A Temptation of Angels is set in historic London, I’d suspect that research was one of the more interesting – if not highly entertaining – aspects behind writing this book. What was the most fascinating thing you found during your research that you just KNEW you had to include in the book?

There really wasn't anything. The historical research in my stories so far has always taken a back seat to the story itself. In fact, I remain surprised when anyone refers to my work as historical fiction, because I see my books as fantasies that happen to be set in the past rather then historical fiction. I don't know how to clarify the differences, except to say that for me, the story and unique world of that story always comes first. I never want that to be bogged down by too much historical detail.

4. I love everything about England. Do you have a favorite place you’ve had a chance to visit while there? And is there one placing in the UK you have yet to see and are most excited to visit one day?


Believe it or not, I've never actually been. As a single mother to four teenagers, the luxury of in-person research is often lost to me. I have to read a lot, talk to lots of people, and use GoogleEarth quite often! My first stop in England would be the henges, though, starting with Avebury since it plays such a prominent part in the Prophecy series.

5. There are a few handsome males in this book. Can you give us 3 words that you would use to describe each one?

Darius - sarcastic, protective, harsh.

Griffin - kind, strong, loyal.

Raum - conflicted, independent, lonely.

6. What was both the easiest and hardest part in writing A Temptation of Angels?

The easiest was setting and era. Writing Gothic fiction is second-nature for me.There is nothing I love writing  more than flickering candles, lamplight, creaking floors, and shadowed streets. The hardest part was developing the unique weaponry and mode of travel. I wanted the Keepers to have their own set of tools and wanted to give the world an edgy, Gothic James Bond atmosphere. But that required the invention of several new things. It was a fun challenge, though! I enjoyed pushing myself to create this Gothic/Thriller/Steampunk hybrid.



Quotes from A Temptation of Angels:

Some of Michelle's Favorite Quotes -

"I'm not very good with anything physical..." she began as they turned down a hallway she had never seen.
He flashed her a grin while they walked. "I find that hard to believe."

His muscled back rippled as he reached blindly for a towel on the washstand. She felt something inside her shake loose and expand, spreading like a hot wind through her veins as he stood, his broad shoulders and back fully revealed in the glow of the fire.

At first, his lips lingered gently on hers. She wasn't sure what to do. What came next. But it didn't matter. Even this was enough, and she stood as still as she could, not wanting the moment to end. Wanting his mouth on hers forever. The the passion between them erupted, and all at once, his mouth opened on hers and she fell into the warmth of this kiss.

She entered the ruined parlor, and for a moment, it was just as it was. There was Father with his paper, grumbling about the state of affairs. Mother was at the piano, playing so beautifully it made Helen's heart ache. She turned in a circle, taking it all in. Remembering.

Was it really as simple as that? Could she give herself the benediction of forgiveness that she had given Raum? She didn't know the answer. But as she leaned on tiptoe to kiss Raum's cheek, she knew she would try. She would try to remember the girl from the garden and her friend Raum. Their innocence and kindness to one another in the giving of small trinkets and simple friendship.

She would remember it all and grant that love and acceptance to those around her.

And maybe, just maybe, to herself.

A couple of my favorite quotes -

"It's all right." Griffin's voice came from her right, and she flinched at the feel of his hand on hers. "Trust me."
His voice was gentle, and when she looked into his eyes, instinctively, she did trust him. -- pg. 58

"Don't mind him." Griffin followed his brother with Helen in tow. "You'll get used to it."
 "I highly doubt that," she said. "And for the record, I have crossed a street before. All by myself, too." -- pg. 71

"Your eyes... I've only seen color like that once before, but... it cannot be." Something feel from his hand with a clatter as he backed away, into the shadows, shaking his head.
"It's you."
He turned and ran. -- Pg. 125


A couple of Jessica's favorite quotes -

"Even in the dark, Helen saw tenderness in her mother's eyes as she reached out, pulling Helen roughly in her body. In her mother's hair, Helen smelled roses from the garden, and on the fine surface of her mother's skin, the books to which her head was always bent. They were a memory all their own" -- p. 4

"His pain collided with her own until all she heard was the unspoken message in his statement. She swallowed her despair. She was not ready to consider her parents lost. Hope they were still alive was all she had left" -- p. 33

"She had to suppress the urge to protest. She did not want to work with something so sharp and dangerous. Now, as they made their way through the kitchen, she wanted to apologize in advance for the fiasco what would surely be her training with the sickle. "I'm not very good with anything physical..." she began as they turned down a hallway she had never seen. He flashed her a grin as they walked. "I find that hard to believe." " p. 144




Find Michelle Online:

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook




A Temptation of Angels Book Trailer:



We wanted to do this feature as a way to promote a new release and get people involved in discussing the book. One of the best ways to find out about a book is to read the reviews.

Please feel free to link your review of A Temptation of Angels that has been posted on your blog or Goodreads.


Rules: Please post ONLY your review of A Temptation of Angels.
Please provide the direct link in the linky.
You can include your rating of the book.

Example of link: A Life Bound By Books - A Temptation of Angels Review (4 stars)

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love