11 April 2012

Title: Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
Author: Patricia Briggs
Publisher: Ace, 293 Pages (March 6th, 2012)
From: The Publisher
Format: Hardback
Add to: Goodreads
NOTE: This is an Adult Title.

Synopsis: They say opposites attract. And in the case of werewolves Anna Latham and Charles Cornick, they mate. The son-and enforcer-of the leader of the North American werewolves, Charles is a dominant alpha. While Anna, an omega, has the rare ability to calm others of her kind.

Now that the werewolves have revealed themselves to humans, they can't afford any bad publicity. Infractions that could have been overlooked in the past must now be punished, and the strain of doing his father's dirty work is taking a toll on Charles.

Nevertheless, Charles and Anna are sent to Boston, when the FBI requests the pack's help on a local serial killer case. They quickly realize that not only the last two victims were werewolves-all of them were. Someone is targeting their kind. And now Anna and Charles have put themselves right in the killer's sights...



Review: 5 Stars - Fair Game, the third book in the Alpha and Omega series by author Patricia Briggs has been a highly anticipated book since the turn of the last page in Hunting Ground. It didn’t disappoint! 

Charles and Anna have been through a lot in what feels like such a short period of time. And in the third installment I found myself asking if they’d ever really get a break? Charles is his father, Bran the Marrok’s assassin. And with the human world finding out there are more things living among them, Bran has to force a stricter policy when it comes to keeping all the werewolves in check. It’s a hard job for one person to do, but his father has no choice and he knows that Charles is good at his job because of the years he’s been doing it. What Bran doesn’t know the damage it’s causing his otherwise strong son. 

Anna knows there’s something wrong with Charles. He’s been distancing himself for a long time now and she knows it’s at the hands of the tasks of his job. She just doesn’t understand the full extent of the problem. The wedge that’s being pushed between them is getting bigger and bigger and if she doesn’t do something she’s scared she’s going to lose Charles forever.

Bran finally gets the picture and sends the two to Chicago to help the local pack and government try to figure out who’s killing werewolves and fey and he’s hoping that the same time it’ll help to heal his son and repair the damage he has caused.

Anna and Charles have one of those relationships that feels real, with real struggles and issues. They might be werewolves, but their human side comes through and they feel like a normal couple. Briggs has a knack for writing her otherworldly characters in such a fascinating way and you can’t help but grow attached to them. It’s thanks to this fantastic writing and story lines that I’ve become invested in the lives of Anna and Charles. These two know each other and Briggs has found a way that it often feels as though they are dancing on the page as they work through their issues and come to each other’s aid. 

As always Briggs also knows how to bring the action and let me tell you, there was no lacking on that throughout the story. The addition to the FBI and the whole tech side of this one was amazingly interesting!

All in all, I am a HUGE fan of Briggs and her writing. Her story telling and characters are a breath of fresh air in the adult supernatural and paranormal genre. From the first novella right through the now third book in the series, Briggs knows just how to keep her readers read and wanting more. If you haven’t picked up this series, you should defiantly give it a try. Start with either the novella in On the Prowl to find out just how Charles and Anna meet, or pick up the first book in the series – Cry Wolf and you’ll see just why I have so much love for this amazing author and series. Happy reading.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love