21 April 2012



Title: A Temptation  of Angels
Author: Michelle Zink
Publisher: Dial Books, 435 Pages (March 20th, 2012)
From: won from the Author
Format: ARC
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Even angels make mistakes in this page-turning epic romance

When her parents are murdered before her eyes, sixteen-year-old Helen Cartwright finds herself launched into an underground London where a mysterious organization called the Dictata controls the balance of good and evil. Helen learns that she is one of three remaining angelic descendants charged with protecting the world's past, present, and future. Unbeknownst to her, she has been trained her whole life to accept this responsibility. Now, as she finds herself torn between the angelic brothers protecting her and the devastatingly handsome childhood friend who wants to destroy her, she must prepare to be brave, to be hunted, and above all to be strong, because temptation will be hard to resist, even for an angel.


Review: 4 Stars - A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink is a mysterious story interlaced with secrets and Angels. It’s a thrilling story of good vs. evil with romance and so much more!

Helen has always had a full life. With two loving, dotting parents she’s happier than ever. Until one night it all changes faster then she could have ever imagined. Forced by her mother to hide in a hidden passage in a wall of her family home, Helen has only a small hand full of her belongings, a few words from her mother and then names of two brothers and their address when she’s told to run. 

One thing about Helen that I loved was her adaptability, which came so naturally with great thanks to her father. He taught her from when she was very young, via games things that her parents would know she’d need someday in later life. It’s just too bad that she’s needing these tools sooner rather than later. Sadly she doesn’t know anything that’s going on around her. Her life has turned into a mystery that she has to figure out all while trying to survive. Helen’s voice throughout the story created a perfect balance to the main male characters throughout the story. She was the softer side of things, always giving a different way to thinking about the various situations she faces throughout the book. She’s also pretty tough even when she doesn’t think she is. She always finds what she needs inside of her to figure things out and do what she needs to in order to help keep her and the brothers alive.

Speaking of the brothers… let’s talk about Darius and Griffin for a bit. Darius is the older brother who’s rough and keeps people at a distance. I totally understand why he’s not the nicest and at best stand offish. They all have reason to be after what they’ve been through. I thought for sure something more would happen with Darius, I just had that feeling while I was reading that there would be some major that happened, yet it didn’t. I really liked his characters’ the most out of all the boys within the story and I think I’ll just chalk it up to the fact that I tend to fall for the bad guy in the book. Then there’s Griffin who’s the nice guy of the two brothers. He has no problem extending his hand to Helen and befriending her. He understands where she’s coming from and doesn’t want her to feel alone. I enjoyed the story and watching it unfold between these two, yet there were times that I questioned if things were really meant to progress further than friendship.
There was a bit of a love triangle that happened, yet it wasn’t, in my opinion a full blown one. The other guy in the triangle was just so interesting and a whole other layer to the story. I really hope that in the next installment we get a chance to see this mysterious character more.

I can’t forget to give Zink props for her writing skills and imagination, which not only keep the reader entertained but also engulfed in the story and invested in her characters. In a story built on secrets and the world unknowingly at stake it’s up to Helen and the brothers to figure out how to survive. 

All in all, I was thrilled with my first experience in reading a book by Zink. I’m looking forward to reading her Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy and also to see what happens next in Zinks London of old and her story of Angels and Demons. Pick this one up and read it soon!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, it was won in a giveaway provided by the author - nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love