08 November 2013

Review - The Thief Redeemer By: Leigh Clary Abdou

Title: The Thief Redeemer (Redeemer #1)
Author: Leigh Clary Abdou
Publisher: (September 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eBook
Add to: Goodreads
Order a copy online: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Amazon UK

Synopsis: Brandon Wilson is trouble.

As leader of the largest car theft ring in Atlanta, GA, life is coming at him faster than he can handle. While the criminal world views him at the top of his game, the truth is, he’s breaking apart, piece by piece. He’s not sure how much more he can take before he completely shatters.

He’s able to manage this facade until he meets Claire Peters. As a part of a kidnapping scheme gone bad, she’s literally delivered right to his warehouse door. As his love for her grows, Brandon finds himself caught in an impossible dilemma. With his lifestyle, he knows he can’t keep Claire, and yet, he can’t risk letting her go, either. His men think he should make her disappear forever, but she’s his angel who still believes in second chances.

Can someone be so lost they’re beyond saving? And if salvation is possible, how does Claire show him the way?

Can a thief be redeemed?

Review: 3 Stars - The Thief Redeemer by Leigh Clary Abdou takes readers through the life of the leader of a car theft ring. He’s dangerous with a temper problem and does what he needs to do to get by. However there’s more to him than meets the eye and it just takes a few things in his life to make him question how he ended up where he is and how to make a better life for himself.

Brandon is the main character and leader of the car theft ring mentioned above. He’s rough, tough, and extremely intelligent and doesn’t take anyone’s crap. He’s been dealt a rough hand in life and because of things that happened when he was younger, as well as a teenager. He’s been fighting the system to take back what was taken from him, fighting himself with his anger and fighting to keep a hold of his crew in the two garages he runs in Atlanta, GA.

From the start of the book I was curious about the character(s) and their lives. I wanted to know what made Brandon tick and what turned him into the thief he is today. However the story was a tad dry in places which interrupted the flow. It was also brutal in places which fit the story well, it just felt forced a little bit?

The story revolves around Claire who comes into Brandon’s life when he’s at a fork in the road. She just happens to give him what he needs to make a choice as to which road to take. I had a hard time with their relationship because of how it all happened. I was surprised she was as understanding, forgiving and loving as she is because of what happened at the end of the book. I didn’t understand that and the redeeming qualities she has up until that point were dashed. I ended up pretty much hating her. She seriously threw me for a loop!

The story and the characters are a bit weird but there was enough throughout the story that I was interested to see what would happen next. I wanted to see how Brandon made his choices once he met Claire and I wanted to see how he would be redeemed. I wanted to see how things would end and it was touch and go with that ending.

While this wasn’t the best one for me it ended up just okay, hence the 3 stars. It took a little longer for me to read because this isn’t the norm for me when it comes to grabbing a book. I’m not sure if I veered too far off from what I tend to enjoy, but I like taking chances and gave this one a shot. It wasn’t a total hit but I’m glad that I took the chance on something new. Would I recommend this one? I think I would for those who like or are looking for a bad guy who’s looking to change and to read to see what choices he makes and why he makes them, because there are other reasons besides Claire entering his life for Brandon. You just need to read it to find out.


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love