25 February 2011

Title: Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance
Author: Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin
Publisher: Walker Books for Young Readers, 240 Pages (February 1st 2011)
From: the Publishers, Thank You!

Synopsis: Fans of romance don't need to look any further than the fauxmance brewing between teen idols Charlie Tracker and Fielding Withers—known on their hit TV show as Jenna and Jonah, next-door neighbors flush with the excitement of first love. But it's their off-screen relationship that has helped cement their fame, as passionate fans follow their every PDA. They grace the covers of magazines week after week. Their fan club has chapters all over the country. The only problem is their off-screen romance is one big publicity stunt, and Charlie and Fielding can't stand to be in the same room. Still, it's a great gig, so even when the cameras stop rolling, the show must go on, and on, and on. . . . Until the pesky paparazzi blow their cover, and Charlie and Fielding must disappear to weather the media storm. It's not until they're far off the grid of the Hollywood circuit that they realize that there's more to each of them than shiny hair and a winning smile.

Review: 3 Stars - Jenna and Jonahs Fauxmance is a cute, light, fun read about two lead characters whose lives are scripted on both on and off the screen. Being stars of a hit TV show isn’t easy, especially when you’re forced to live a lie off screen to keep ratings up.

Jenna and Jonah or Charlie and Fielding might be the “it couple” both on and off the screen, but what their fans don’t know is that it’s all fake. Jenna or Charlie... and Jonah… or Fielding might seem like that perfect couple but on the inside they pretty much hate each other. With snarky comments under their breath - giving away just how much they despise each other – Halpin & Franklin take readers on an adventure fueled by the paparazzi and the two characters passion for action. Or is it?

When trouble hits, Charlie and Fielding must go into hiding until it all blows over. It’s during this time that we start to learn who they are as people, instead of the actors they are forced to be 24/7. This is where the book that somewhat frustrated me. However, after thinking about everything, how each of the characters acted during this time in hiding, I understood it more. Being so far removed from their element, I can now see why some of their faults might be even more highlighted.

The story hit a couple of other rough spots here and there, and at times I found it hard to like either of the characters. I didn’t care for the end, I felt that the last few pages were somewhat lacking… However, I have to mention that the copy I read was an ARC, which means there is always a chance for changes in the finished version.

The book was otherwise entertaining and kept me reading to find out what would happen next for each character. How they would in the end impact each other and what road they would venture down next. It was nice to see them grow and question their lives and what either of the two might tackle next. I think that was one of the best parts about the whole story. Also, I’m a huge fan of alternating character chapters, and this book is written this way. It was great being able to see the story playing out from both Charlie and Fielding’s points of view.

All in all Jenna & Jonah’s is perfect for fans who love a cute story with characters that evolve over the course of the book. Anyone who loves alternating chapters as much as I do will also find much to love about this title. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

3 comments:

  1. l really liked how it went between both characters too!
    Sadly l agree with it lacking a bit, l felt half way through it started to lack a strong enough story line. I still think it's worth a read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The premise sounds interesting, but I just don't know if this is something I would really enjoy. Thanks for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your review and included a link to it in my own review post of this book.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love