26 October 2012

Crossroads Tour: Jackie Morse Kessler


Congratulations on the up and coming forth book in the Riders of the Apocalypse book – BREATH – released next year. The series deals with some series life issues that give many readers a chance to realize that they aren't alone in their feelings. Throughout the books released so far, has there been one that’s been harder to write than the other? And if so, can you tell us about it?

JK: Thanks! I’ve found each book to be progressively more difficult to write, partially because I try to feel what the protagonists feel at various points – the anger, the confusion, the overwhelming despair, the need to breathe. BREATH might have been the most difficult because it looks at depression and suicide, and at the time I was going through a bout of depression that lasted for months.

What do you hope readers will take away with them after reading HUNGER, RAGE and LOSS?

JK: The big thing I’m hoping for is that people will talk more openly about the issues in the books—eating disorders and self-injury, bullying (which more and more people are talking about) and coping when a loved one has a debilitating disease, depression and suicide. These are tough issues, made all the more difficult when we keep them locked inside ourselves. None of us are alone, and none of us should suffer alone. Talking helps.

If you could wish anything for Lisabeth, Missy & Billy in their lives, what would that be?

JK: Read BREATH!!! Read BREATH!!! This question is answered in BREATH!!! (Wait, was that a shameless plug? Sorry!!!)

And lastly, how about a fun question?

JK: Yay!

Being that it’s the scariest time of the year – Halloween what’s your favorite?

Scary Book: The Stand by Stephen King. But not just as the book—the recent graphic novel adaptation is utterly terrifying. Kudos!

Scary Movie: It’s been so long since I’ve seen a scary movie that I have to punt. How about Scary Television? Some episodes of Doctor Who have been chilling – “Don’t Blink” is one of my favorites.

Halloween Candy: YES. (Oh, wait, did you need that more specific?)

Costume from Halloween’s Past: A punk Vulcan.


Title: Breath (Riders of the Apocalypse #4)
Author: Jackie Morse Kessler
Publisher: Graphia, 336 Pages (APril 16th, 2013)
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Contrary to popular belief, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse aren’t just harbingers of doom—they actually keep life in balance. But what happens when their leader and creator, Death, becomes suicidal?      Before the first living thing drew its first gasping breath, he was there. He has watched humanity for millennia. And he has finally decided that humanity is not worth the price he has paid time and again. When Death himself gives up on life, a teenager named Xander Atwood is the world's only hope. But Xander bears a secret, one that may bring about the end of everything.      This heart-pounding final installment of the Riders of the Apocalypse series looks at the value of life, the strength of love, and how a small voice can change everything . . . forever.



Find Jackie Online: 

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Order Jackie's Books Online:

Amazon | Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository






GIVEAWAY!

How the Crossroads Tour Giveaway works

All the authors got together and decided, instead of each blog getting one or two titles to giveaway - they'd have a single grand prize - a real doozie. With that in mind each blogger is asked to encourage readers to answer the daily trivia/research question on the tour main page. (http://judithgraves.com/events/the-crossroads-tour/crossroads-2011/) At the end of the tour all answers have to be emailed to judithgraves@ymail.com by midnight on the 29th. 

So, it's your job, to head over to the mail tour page I've linked above, read the question and go find the answer in the posts for that day. Make sure you get your answers in by the deadline - October 29th at Midnight!

Entries will be put in a drawing and a winner chosen randomly.

And I bet you're wondering what the heck this amazing prize is? How about a FREE KINDLE PRELOADED with an eBOOK from each of the Crossroads authors???

The more questions you answer, the better, so be sure to check back each day!

Any questions? Please send them my way!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love