Title: Best Kind of Broken (Finding Fate #1)
Author: Chelsea Fine
Publisher: Forever, 336 Pages (March 4th, 2014)
Add to: Goodreads
NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: SOMETIMES MOVING ON MEANS MOVING IN
Pixie Marshall wishes every day she could turn back time and fix the past. But she can't. And the damage is done. She's hoping that a summer of free room and board working with her aunt at the Willow Inn will help her forget. Except there's a problem: the resident handyman is none other than Levi Andrews. The handsome quarterback was once her friend-and maybe more--until everything changed in a life-shattering instant. She was hoping to avoid him, possibly forever. Now he's right down the hall and stirring up feelings Pixie thought she'd long buried . . .
Levi can't believe he's living with the one person who holds all his painful memories. More than anything he wants to make things right, but a simple "sorry" won't suffice--not when the tragedy that scarred them was his fault. Levi knows Pixie's better off without him, but every part of him screams to touch her, protect her, wrap her in his arms, and kiss away the pain. Yet even though she's so close, Pixie's heart seems more unreachable than ever. Seeing those stunning green eyes again has made one thing perfectly clear--he can't live without her.
10 Things Pixie Thinks You Should Know About Levi
1. Levi is pensive. The guy thinks way more than he speaks, which is incredibly frustrating because I never know what he’s thinking. But when he does have something to say, it’s usually exactly what I need to hear.
2. Levi loves playing football—and he’s good at it. No, he’s great at it. His lifelong dream was to play for ASU as their starting quarterback, and up until last year, that’s exactly what he did. I wish I knew why he quit.
3. Levi has perfect aim. He never misses when he throws a football. Even if that football is aimed straight at me… He’s lucky he’s hot.
4. Levi is a hot water hog. I know this because he and I have to share a bathroom. And every morning, he beats me to the shower and uses up all the hot water so I’m left washing my hair in an ice-cold drizzle. And he wonders why I’m always in a bad mood.
5. Levi goes running everyday. I haven’t yet figured out if his daily jogs are to keep him in shape so he can go back to college and play football again, or if he’s trying to run away from something. My gut tells me it’s the latter.
6. When Levi fixes something, it stays fixed. He’s always been good with his hands (wink, wink) but when it comes to repairing something, Levi is pretty much infallible. So it makes total sense that he took a job doing handiwork at Willow Inn. But the fact that he suddenly dropped out of college makes no sense whatsoever.
7. Levi thinks chandeliers are ridiculous. The inn where we both work has multiple hanging chandeliers, and as the handyman, it’s Levi’s job to fix them all up. This makes him curse and fall into a dreadfully sour mood. It’s adorable.
8. Levi has captivating eyes. They’re blue like the ocean and can see deep inside my soul. My fears, my guilt, my broken heart…he sees it all, and he’s careful with it.
9. Levi scares away all the monsters. When we were little kids, I was afraid of monsters. But when Levi was by my side, all the monsters went away. He’s powerful like that.
10. Levi is my hero. Yes, he drives me crazy. And yes, we’re a broken mess. But he’s been chasing away my monsters since I was seven years old, and coming to my rescue since before then. He’s the reason I’m okay. And I want to be the reason he’s okay too.
"By turns humorous and heartbreaking, Best Kind Of Broken has become one of my favorites!" --- CORA CARMACK, New York Times bestselling author of Losing It.
"You'll fall for Pixie and Levi, just like I did!" --- JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT (J. Lynn), #1 New York Times bestselling author of Wait For You
"Tangled with friendship, history and heartbreak--not to mention a huge dose of humor--Chelsea Fine's New Adult novel is not to be missed! Beyond an incredibly HOT read, Pixie and Levi's longing for each other will have you rooting for them till the very end." --- JAY CROWNOVER, New York Times bestselling author of Rule
"This book destroyed me. Tore me into little tiny pieces. But somehow with lots of laughs and some very steamy times, Chelsea put me back together again! Chelsea Fine's style is witty, visceral and fresh. All I wanted to do was crawl inside this book and live with the characters. And now all I want is MORE." --- CHELSEA M. CAMERON, New York Times bestselling author of My Favorite Mistake
"Sandwiched between laugh out loud moments and some serious heat, Best Kind of Broken is an unforgettable story of loss and forgiveness that will leave your heart aching." --- LISA DESROCHERS, USA Today bestselling author of A Little Too Far
ABOUT CHELSEA FINE:
Chelsea lives in Phoenix, Arizona where she spends most of her time writing stories, painting murals, and avoiding housework at all costs. She’s ridiculously bad at doing dishes and claims to be allergic to laundry. Her obsessions include: superheroes, coffee, sleeping-in, and crazy socks. She lives with her husband and two children, who graciously tolerate her inability to resist teenage drama on TV and her complete lack of skill in the kitchen.
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | YouTube | Instagram
a Rafflecopter giveaway