Author: Jen McLaughlin
Publisher: 250 Pages (September 4th, 2013)
Add to: Goodreads
Order online here: Amazon & Barnes and Noble
NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 17+
Synopsis: Desperate to break free…
I've spent my entire life under my father’s thumb, but now I'm finally free to make my own choices. When my roommate dragged me to my first college party, I met Finn Coram and my life turned inside out. He knows how to break the rules and is everything I never knew I wanted. A Marine by day and surfer by night, he pushes me away even as our attraction brings us closer. Now I am finally free to do whatever I want. I know what I want. I choose Finn.
Trying to play by the rules...
I always follow orders. My job, my life, depends on it. I thought this job would be easy, all the rules were made crystal clear, but when I met Carrie Wallington, everything got muddy. She's a rule I know I shouldn't break, but damn if I don’t inch closer to the breaking point each time I see her. I’m ready to step out of line. And even worse? I’m living a lie. They say the truth will set you free, but in my case…
The truth will cost me everything.
Top Ten TV Males
I, like many other writers, often draw inspiration from heroes on TV and translate them into pages. Maybe it’s the way they smirk into the camera, like a certain vampire, or maybe it’s the way they deduce a crime scene like no other…but more often than not, a bit of these characters will pop into my own.
As such…here’s a Top 10 list of my favorite TV Male characters. You know, like the Emmy’s—but with no award.
1. Benedict Cumberbatch on BBC Sherlock. He is by far my favorite, favorite man on television. A lot of people don’t get it until they hear/see him in action. And once you do? YOU GET IT.
2. Aaron Paul on AMC’s Breaking Bad. I love watching his character, and he’s a brilliant actor. Seems like a great guy in real life, too.
3. Aaron Tviet from USA/s Graceland. I loved him in Les Miserables, too, but he’s excellent on this show. Ironically enough, I also think he’d make the perfect Finn.
4. George Blagden on History’s Vikings. He actually helped me with a book once, and he seems like an all around great guy! He was also on Les Miserables (are you sensing my weakness yet?) and now is gracing our TV’s on Sundays.
5. Ian Somerhalder on CW’s Vampire Diaries. Yep, that smirk. That smolder. Those eyes. Need I say more?
6. Paul Wesley on CW’s Vampire Diaries. He might not be as smoldery as his TV brother, but man I still like watching him!
7. Alex O’Loughlin on CBS’s Hawaii 5-0. I think this one is pretty self-explanatory. I mean, look at him.
8. Ashton Kutcher on CBS’s Two and a Half Men. Okay…I don’t watch this show that much anymore, but I do love me some Ashton. Pretty much strictly for his looks. ;)
9. Richard Castle from ABC’s Castle. I love his quirky, silly, charming character.
10. And last, but not least, Eric Christian Olson—who plays Deeks on CBS’s NCIS:LA. I love his California boy vibe—and he also makes an appearance in Finn’s character.
So, there you have it. My top ten favorite boys to watch every week! Who are some of your favorites? Do they match up with mine?
About the author:
Jen McLaughlin writes steamy New Adult books for the young and young at heart. Her first release, Out of Line, is due out September 2013. She also writes Contemporary Romance under the pen name Diane Alberts. She is a multi-published, bestselling author and is represented by Louise Fury from the L. Perkins Agency. Since receiving her first contract offer under the pen name Diane Alberts, she has yet to stop writing.
Though she lives in the mountains, she really wishes she was surrounded by a hot, sunny beach with crystal clear water. She lives in Northeast Pennsylvania with her four kids, a husband, a schnauzer mutt, a cat, and a Senegal parrot. In the rare moments when she’s not writing, she can usually be found hunched over one knitting project or another. Her goal is too write so many well-crafted romance books that even a non-romance reader will know her name.
Find Jen Online:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
a Rafflecopter giveaway