15 August 2013

Introducing Guest Reviewer: Jenny!!!

Hi Everyone! I'm here today to introduce you to my friend Jenny. She's going to be a guest reviewer here at A Life Bound By Books a couple times a month. I hope as we both get used to things that she'll start reviewing more and who knows, maybe she'll contribute in other ways as well! So, how about a Q&A with Jenny to get you better acquainted with her?

Here's some info about Jenny.

I'm Jenny, 20-something Disney obsessed bibliophile. I live near Liverpool in England. My main hobby is obviously reading, most of my free time is spent with my head in a book. But other than reading I enjoy photography, going on adventures, live music shows and looking after my dogs.

What are some of the genres you enjoy reading?

The majority of books I read are Y.A. sci-fi, dystopian or fantasy fiction. I also enjoy the odd mystery, historical and romance novel. Depends on where the mood takes me as to what I decide to read.

Who are some of your favourite authors?

In no particular order some of my favourite authors are Philip Pullman, Rachel Caine, Sarah Alderson, Becca Fitzpatrick, Nicholas Sparks, Kate Harrison, Maria V. Snyder, James Dashner, Cecelia Ahern, Veronica Roth, Brenna Yovanoff. There are so many authors I could add to answer this question. Every single one of them has captivated my imagination and I will always be grateful for that.

What book(s) are you currently reading?

I'm currently reading Shatter Me By: Tahereh Mafi and I'm not sure what I'll read after, maybe Smoulder By: Brenna Yovanoff aka The space between.

What do you think about e-books?

I own an e-reader and it's got hundreds of books on it; but I have to admit i've only read about 5 books on it. I prefer the feel of a proper book that you can snuggle up with, you can't beat that new book smell aswell. I think e-books and e-readers are a brilliant idea for travelling. I hope to use mine more in the near future. Also they allow for a larger library without having to extend the house!

What's the last book you read that you 5 star loved?

The last book that I 5 star loved was "Fall of Night" by Rachel Caine. I love the Morganville Vampires series and "Fall of Night" was everything I hoped it would be.

What's the best book to movie adaptation you've seen so far?

I have to admit i've not seen that many book to film adaptations, "The Notebook"  by Nicholas Sparks is probably one of the best, or "Marley and Me" by John Grogan.

Some of Jenny's Bookshelves
What book to movie adaptation are you eagerly anticipating?

I can't wait to see the adaptations of "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner and "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. Both movies have alot to live up to as the books are among my favourites.

Of the book series you're currently loving..or even just started which is one or two you think everyone should check out?

"Divergent" series by Veronica Roth is a must read, and I've just finished "The Demon's Lexicon" by Sarah Rees Brennan; I really enjoyed that book, looking forward to reading the others in the series.

Have you been to any book events? If so, which were the most memorable and why?

I have been to 3 Rachel Caine book signings and one book signing by Maggie Stiefvater. My first Rachel Caine signing in Liverpool last year was probably my favourite. I would love to go to a big book event, that's definitely on my to do list.

If you could sit down to a meal with 3-5 book authors (dead or alive), who would they be and why?

Philip Pullman- The first fantasy novel I read was "Northern Lights" (Golden Compass); we had to read it in school and I was fascinated by the story of Lyra and Pantalaimon. I would like to personally thank him for writing such a brilliant series of books.

Beatrix Potter- Peter Rabbit and friends are thought of as children's books, but I love them. Beatrix's stories played a huge part in my childhood and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Sarah Alderson- I first heard of Sarah after recieving a proof copy of "Hunting Lila"; I loved it. She has a witty way of writing and I think she'd be nice to have a proper chat with and discuss Alex (major hottie in "Hunting Lila").

Geoffrey Chaucer and William Shakespeare- I would love to find out if these two authors are really as crazy as some people describe them. Although meeting them would probably be as scary as it would be cool.

More of Jenny's Bookshelves
How about a few random questions- 

Favourite drink and snack while reading?

Crispy M&M's or Maltesers and a cup of tea.

Favourite music or bands?

I listen to pretty much anything when it comes to music. If I like it, I listen to it. Favourite bands currently are Deaf Havana and Hot Chelle Rae.

Favourite tv shows?

NCIS, Once Upon A Time, Firefly, Prison Break

Favourite movies?

Anything Disney, How to Lose a guy in 10 days, The Notebook, Miss Congeniality, Legally Blonde, August Rush.

Links where people can find you?

Twitter- @Jenjen_23 or @HiddenInPages (book twitter)
Goodreads- goodreads.com/Jenjen23

Anything else you'd like to tell people?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" my favourite two things mentioned in a quote by Groucho Marx.

"Reading is like going on an adventure to a new world everyday; but without ever having to leave your house." - Quote by me!




I'm really excited to have Jenny contribute here on my blog. I know she's going to be the perfect fit and you guys will all enjoy her reviews and posts. She's a great person that I've had the chance to hang out with earlier this year when I was in Liverpool and I can't wait to hang out and talk more books with her when we move there *fingers crossed* late next year. 

Oh and before I forget you'll be able to tell who's review is who's with a handy signature at the bottom of each review. You can see Jenny's above at the end of her interview. Thanks to Christine at I Heart Big Books for creating the graphics for us!

Thanks Jenny and welcome! 

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

5 comments:

  1. It's finally official, welcome to the blog Jen, looking forward to reading your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Jenny! You've chosen a fantastic blogger to team up with! And thanks for showing your shelves! I'm totally nosey and love looking at other people's books. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I love my shelves, they're always changing. I also have stacks in the wardobe, so many books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I love my shelves, they're constantly changing. I have 4 stacks of books in my wardrobe and a cupboard full too. So many books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenny-looking forward to seeing your thoughts! I'm also a huge Disney fan so I hope to see you incorporate that into your reviews somehow :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love