01 September 2015

Review - Bounce (Boomerang #3) By: Noelle August

Title: Bounce (Boomerang #3)
Author: Noelle August
Publisher: William Marrow, 304 Pages (August 25th, 2015)
From: the Publisher
Format: eARC & Paperback
Add to: Goodreads
Order here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository, Amazon UK

NOTE: This is a "New Adult" novel. Due to mature content this title is recommended for ages 18+

Synopsis: Playing the occasional club gig just isn’t cutting it for twenty-two-year-old cellist Skyler Canby, who’s trying to support herself and her mother back home in Kentucky. Persuaded by her best friend Beth to accompany her on an audition for the first feature film launched by Blackwood Entertainment, she figures why not? Beth’s a shoe-in for the lead, but maybe Skyler’s newly dyed pink hair will help her stand out enough to score a small speaking part.

Never in her wildest dreams does Skyler imagine she’ll land the lead role or that she’ll have her shoes knocked off her feet by the kiss her audition partner, Grey Blackwood, plants on her—a kiss that feels very real and not at all “acted. ”

After throwing a party that causes thousands of dollars of damage to his older brother’s home, reckless musician Grey Blackwood gets roped into working off his debt on the set of his CEO brother’s newest project. Grey spends his days fetching coffee and doing odd jobs around the studio, but he lives for nights when he performs with his band. He knows if he can stay focused, success as a singer is just around the corner. But that’s tough with a distracting pink-haired girl occupying his every waking thought.

Skyler and Grey have every reason to resist each other. But, like a song neither of them can get out of their minds, they have no choice but to go where the music takes them. 
Review: 4 Stars - Bounce is the third title in author Noelle August (Pen name for authors - Veronica Rossi & Lorin Oberweger) Boomerang trilogy. Each book follows a different couple throughout within the world these two authors have created. While they can be read as a standalone title, readers will get more out of reading if they start from the first book – Boomerang. The couples all interact and the story begins with the first book, continues on in the second and wraps up in the third. However as mentioned above, each book is about a different couple yet characters met in previous installments make appearances throughout.

The books themselves are fun and often light yet these two authors also have given their characters trials and issues that make them relatable to readers. And these two in Bounce – Grey and Skyler did not disappoint.

One thing that I can say is that these two authors write well together and I’ve been impressed with all three books. Since at this point we have to say goodbye to the Boomerang world, they will be missed. However if Rossi & Oberweger revisit and write more within this group of characters I’ll be jumping all over reading what comes next.

Grey’s been part of all of the books in some way. Being Adams brother he’s had a lot to live up to. You really don’t get a chance to see just how much he’s struggling to come to terms with more than just being adult but also following in his brothers footsteps. He’s young and is just coming into his own, figuring out what he wants to do with his life when he meets Skyler. And how they’ve met isn’t the norm, but what the heck is the norm in meeting people these days?

Skyler is dealing with her own issues. With the book being written in dual points of view, which yet again I’ll say is one of my FAVORITE THINGS EVER… it let me see just who these two characters were. Not sure it could have been written in a single POV, I think we’d miss out on just way too much. Skyler has so much she needs to figure out and while she’s older than Grey by a couple of years she’s dealing with growing pains along with family issues all while trying to find her footing in a life she never thought she’s end up in.

The two together are sweet and you get a great idea of just how much they push and pull each other throughout the beginnings of their fragile relationship, which is something that I really enjoyed while reading. They had so many questions and were insecure making them so much more likeable.

While I did love the story, almost as much as I loved Boomerang there was a couple of things I felt weren’t tied up and felt just off. One of these things was a pretty big key part of who Skyler was, so I was a tad confused there. I kept wondering about this one thing, that I can’t say since I don’t really like to give things away in my reviews. I think that’s the main point why I couldn’t give this a higher rating.

In the end, I loved it! Finally I had a sneak peek into Grey’s head and got a chance to see what makes him tick. Skyler was awesome for Grey’s journey and his story, as was Grey for Skyler’s. If you haven’t read this series, Go! Start! Now! Those looking for contemp titles get to jumping and order today! Enjoy!


Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love