25 January 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday is an event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose of this weekly event is to spotlight a soon-to-be-released book that you are very much anticipating. "Waiting On" Wednesday will also give bloggers an opportunity to share ideas for our TBR lists.


Title: Waiting
Author: Carol Lynch Williams
Publisher: Paula Wiseman Books, 288 Pages (May 1st, 2011)
Preorder here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: After her brother’s death, a teen struggles to rediscover love and find redemption in this gripping novel.Growing up in Africa and Latin America as the children of missionaries, London and Zach were as close as could be. And then Zach dies, and the family is gutted. London’s father is distant. Her mother won’t speak. The days are filled with what-ifs and whispers: Did Zach take his own life? Was it London’s fault?


Alone and adrift, London finds herself torn between her brother’s best friend and the handsome new boy in town as she struggles to find herself—and ultimately redemption—in this authentic and affecting novel from award-winning novelist Carol Lynch Williams.


Title: Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
Author: Myra McEntire
Publisher: Egmont, 336 Pages (June 12th, 2012)
Preorder here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...

Kaleb Ballard's relentless flirting is interrupted when Jack Landers, the man who tried to murder his father, timeslips in and attacks before disappearing just as quickly. But Kaleb has never before been able to see time travelers, unlike many of his friends associated with the mysterious Hourglass organization. Are Kaleb's powers expanding, or is something very wrong?

Then the Hourglass is issued an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the time gene, or time will be altered with devastating results.

Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Jack. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...


Title: Until I Die (Revenants, #2)
Author: Amy Plum
Publisher: HarperCollins, 320 Pages (May 8th, 2012)
Preorder here: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository

Synopsis: Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy. 

Another 3 books that I can't wait for. 2012 has SO MANY AMAZING books coming out, I almost don't know where to start! I always try to put some very different books together when I have more than one I'd like to highlight for my WoWs and this week I've done just that! First off there's Waiting. This one looks emotional with a bit of a mystery attached. I can't wait to check this one out! Next we have Timepiece. I LOVED Hourglass. It was one of the best books I've read and when I heard there was a sequel I just about jumped for joy! And lastly, we have Until I Die. I have and still have to read Die For Me and I can't wait to check it out. Both covers are amazing and I've heard nothing but amazing things about the first book. What do you guys think of the books I've shared this week?


ETA: When this WoW was first put together and posted, the wrong synopsis was included for Waiting. Thanks to the author, Carol for bringing this to my attention. Sorry for the confusion! It's been updated and changed to the correct synopsis. Sorry Carol, sorry guys!

*covers are always subject to change.
*I am not compensated at all for any of the links within this post.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

7 comments:

  1. Amazing collection. I still have to read Hourglass and I have it sitting just waiting to be read... But you are right, 2012 will have incredible books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm looking forward to all three, too. Although I have to read the first books for the last two. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Haven't heard of the first one. Read Plum's first book and haven't read the other either. Good picks!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought Die For Me and I think it was based 80% on the cover ~ they are absolutely breathtaking!!! And yep, I still need to read it, too!! I'll have to get to Hourglass one of these days, too. I'm sure everyone will be grabbing Timepiece when it comes out! Great picks!!!

    My WOW

    Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo i havent heard of Waiting yet!!! so going on my list!!!! and its a lovely cover!

    Tara and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks. I am super excited for Until I Die to come out. I so fell in love with this new series and I can't wait to see what's in store for Kate and Vincent. I am also looking forward to Timepiece although I have yet to read Hourglass. I just know I will love it when I do read it, so might as well look forward to book two lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the cover for "Waiting", and it looks like an interesting story. I'm putting it on my to read list as well, and I'll be 'waiting' to read it. :)
    BTW, I don't know if told you before, but I really love your blog, it looks amazing!

    Happy midnight reading!

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love