Okay, so I have a
So, I'm starting out by not buying anything in July and I know I'm starting this a little late, but I haven't purchased anything this month. Everything that's arrived here was ordered before I started this. I hope to do the same thing for August as well, then Sept we'll see how things go and maybe I'll add September into this too. I need to thank my friend Natalie over at Mindful Musings for her post about this and making me realize that I need to try to better control my addiction for awhile. I'll be there to cheer her on and anyone else who's joined in or will be joining in, in the quest to read what we already have for awhile.
With this Book Buying Ban we each get to set up some rules for ourselves. I liked many that I saw in Natalie's, so I'm going to take some of hers and add in some of my own. So here go my rules.
1) No buying books that will cost over $3. That includes the price of shipping. So unless there's a really great deal at the Book Depository (I can get free shipping), I probably won't be able to buy any. I won't be looking, so I doubt I'll be buying anything. Maybe a Kindle book... but again the $3 rule applies.
2) Trading books is ok, because technically, I'm not increasing the amount of books I own. It's staying the same.
3) Contests, promotions, and review requests are fair game, because I'm not paying for the books.
4) I can use Gift Cards, because I'm not spending any money myself. Though, sadly I don't have any of these at the moment.
5) Anything that I have on preorder doesn't count as those have been purchased weeks if not months ago. The only thing I'm allowing myself to preorder is anything from September on and at this point I'm not even looking to preorder anything other then what's already done.
I'd you'd like to join, please visit here to learn more and sign up.
My name is Lisa and I may be a proud Bibliophile, but I'm also addicted to buying books.....