14 November 2009

A Chase Around the USA

AS OF 11/15/09 9:00pm PST
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!


I'm the 4th stop in this amazing contest/tour for Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder.

And I have to say that I loved the book. It was a great read that had my heart aching with each turn of the page. The only down fall was that it was a quick read. I read it over just a few hours, but with how quick of a read it was, it had everything in there that a wonderful story should have. The one word that I picked is Healing. I felt that this word was something that ment the most to me while reading the story. I wanted to do the one word totally differently, that would have fit prefectly with this story, but just didn't have the time... however I did a quick hand drawing of the word in blues - to go along with the color of the books cover and added a shadow of a hand over the top to again go along with the cover of the book. (A real review will come in the next day or two, our internet is down and I'm using a friends to be sure to get this contest going and done quick as stated in the rules)



CHASING BROOKLYN by Lisa Schroeder will be released January 5, 2010. Due to publishers cutting back, ARCs are not as plentiful these days. BUT, Lisa has one ARC that she's sending out on a multi-state tour, and she will be trying to chase it down as it goes from reader to reader.

If you would like to read CHASING BROOKLYN, add your name to the comments below. One name will be randomly drawn 24 hours from the date and time of this blog post, and the winner will be contacted via e-mail (please leave your e-mail address in your comment). Not only will the winner get to read CHASING BROOKLYN before it hits the shelves, but each winner will receive a $10.00 gift card from the bookstore of his/her choice from Lisa. If Lisa guesses what state the winner lives in before the state is revealed to her, that amount doubles to $20.00!


Participants in the Chase Around the USA have 5 responsibilities. If you don’t think you can meet these responsibilities, please, PLEASE do NOT volunteer to be a part of the chase.

1) READ - CHASING BROOKLYN within 7 days of receiving it. If you can read it sooner, even better!

2) Take a photo of ONE word - about the book, to describe the book, something in the book that’s important, etc. How do you show us your word? Be creative! Write on paper, on a t-shirt, in the sand, on the wall, in cereal – the possibilities are endless! Please TRY TO INCLUDE THE ARC IN THE PHOTO SOMEHOW. The only requirement is that it cannot be something negative. Of course some people may not like the book. But Lisa plans to use these pictures in a special way when the chase is over, so positive is best. If you don’t like the book, simply pick a word that shares the tone of the book, describes a character, etc. (By participating in this contest, you agree to e-mail the photo to Lisa for her to use as she chooses.)

3) Post the ONE WORD photo on your blog - along with a picture of the CHASING BROOKLYN cover and these rules, and hold another contest just like this one, drawing a name within 24 hours of the blog post. Do what you can (tweet, facebook, etc) to point people to your blog about the contest.

4) Post a comment on Lisa Schroeder's blog - that you've held the contest and drawn the next blogger's name (without revealing the name) to receive the ARC. Lisa will then try to CHASE the ARC down by posting a guess on her blog of what state the ARC will go to next. Once Lisa's blog post goes up with the guess, the current holder of the ARC will post the new winner's name and the state he/she lives in on his/her blog. If Lisa guesses the correct state, the next recipient of the ARC receives a $20.00 gift card to the bookstore of his/her choice!!

5) Mail the ARC - to the winner IMMEDIATELY after receiving the winner's address, so the book can get into as many hands as possible. Lisa is hoping for at least 7-8 stops on the chase, but that will only happen if people get the book read and sent off quickly. Use the flat shipping rate envelopes at the post office for a low price and speedy delivery! Whoever has the book on the release date of 1/5 will mail the book back to Lisa. Please feel free to write notes in the ARC for Lisa to read when the book is returned to her.

At the end of chase across the USA, Lisa will draw three names from the bloggers who participated in the chase to receive FREE signed copies of one of her books - I HEART YOU, YOU HAUNT ME, FAR FROM YOU or CHASING BROOKLYN.

Finally, the blogger who has the most creative one word photo (judged by three teens in Lisa's neighborhood) gets a signed copy of FLASH BURNOUT by L.K. Madigan, a signed copy of LIPS TOUCH by Laini Taylor, and a copy of CRASH INTO ME by Albert Borris.

SO - you have 24 hours!!! This contest will close tomorrow night and I'll need to hear back from the winner RIGHT away for your address, so I can be sure to get this out in the mail to you by TUESDAY! Just leave a comment with a email address or your blog URL so I can find you tomorrow night at this time. I will need a way to contact you because once I draw a winner, this will go quick. Good Luck and I can't wait to send this on to the next person to read!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

16 comments:

  1. I'd love to be the next stop!!

    :D Nikki
    ahauntofancientpeace(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely count me in on this one!

    flamingo1325[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! Enter me, please! :)


    -Arielle
    achoyce13[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been chasin' this thing since it started on its journey. Count me in. :D

    ~Briana
    thebookpixie[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to read this & be included in the tour!

    -Senfaye
    annieluvsmuffin@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My state would be a next great stop :)

    foltzsfantasticbooks at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pick me, Pick me!! I would love to be the next stop.

    neverendingshelf@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very creative way to get an ARC around! I love it. Count me in.

    thebookvixen at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's see if I can be the lucky next person this time!

    bookblather(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count me in:)

    lightningstreak123@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to participate!

    Sara @ The Hiding Spot
    grochowskis@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Count me in!

    katiesbookshelf@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, the thrill of the chase.

    ambertiddmurphy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count me in!

    readintothisblog(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this idea. This is my second attempt.
    carolinestarr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love